Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

ok to start i got a 89 5.0 bone stock on an engine stand and one in my stang, im thinking about buying a 98 explorer engine for 400 bucks and taking the gt40p heads, intake and tb off and transplanting them onto my engine that is on the stand, now, i do have experience porting heads, my problem is i can get a deal on a trick flow track intake upper and lower for $350.

dont have alot of money and have no idea when i would be able to afford the heads i want.

i can always put the heads and intake on and when i get the money for the heads i want, sell the gt40p heads and intake and buy a trick flow intake with that cash.

what do i do

ur opinion is appresiated.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would get the lower and upper intake.. thats a fairly good deal depending on how old it is. I know i would buy the intake at that price. The Gt40p heads are a nice upgrade over the crappy stock heads and who knows maybe you will like the heads anyways after a port job.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would prolly just go with the intake. I mean why bother putting heads and waisting head gaskets if you wanna swap them out later on neways? The lower and upper intake your gonna use neways, so get the lower and upper intake, and save up for the heads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.