Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon this today :D. I now finally know exactly whats in my motor :D. Can you guys shed some light on this build PLEASE! I need to know a few things.
1) are these rods stronger than the block?

2) with these springs can I run this cam... 35-312-8 - Magnum or will I need to change some things, if so what? Would you recommend a different cam for a supercharged app runnning meth and 10# of boost. FYI It has an X cam an 10.5:1 compression with supporting fuel system and TFS intake

3) how are these head gaskets for boost?

4) Do these pistons widen my choice of head and cam use any? I found this: Per my Federal Mogul Catalog the H273P has a 8cc dish volume with 1.605 compression distance. http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductModelDetail.cfm?ProductModelId=10720

heres the link:Central Coast Mustang High Performance Engines - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is my line of thinking correct that an x cam with all that overlap may help reduce my final compression ratio enough that 10-12# of boost on 93 octane and meth will be alright?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I dont care who helps as long as its help and not smart ass comments :)

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
according to my daughters i am kind of a smart ass, sorry. i would rather see you put the blower on the shelf for now, get the engine running and the bugs worked out. just the wrong combination of parts for boost. save the blower and build an engine for it. :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
with a better cam and lower compression pistons it could probably handle 6-8 pounds,any more than that and the block/rods will be a problems. unless you are racing it you don't want it on the ragged edge, not to mention the 10 dollar a gallon race gas....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts