Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know exactly what that means? It says EGR high voltage in the code book, but what do I need to do to fix it? There are more than one part to the EGR as best I could tell.
Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
454 Posts
P1401 is actually for the DPFE sensor. The DPFE is on the side of the throttle body and it has two vaccuum lines attached to it. Two screws hold it in place. If you replace it, it might not solve the problem. Remove the throttle body along with the EGR valve and there is probably tons of carbon build up. Try cleaning it and your problem might be solved. I worked for a Ford dealership for 4 years and we seen alot of this.. hope it works.

Jimmy B..

·
Registered
254 Posts
im having the same problem in my 97. i will have to try this on a day off and will get back to you guys if it solves it or not.
thanks Jimmy B

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Digging up an old thread here, got this code tonight after replacing my egr valve, egr tube, vacuum pressure solenoid, and the dpfe sensor... I also have it tuned off with my sct tuner, no dice... Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I also have p1443, if that helps

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
If the DPFE sensor has been replaced AND the vacuum lines to/from the DPFE sensor are connected correctly and leak free then the next thing to check is the electrical connector to the DPFE sensor. Try cleaning with electrically contact cleaner.

>>
P1401 - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected

• DPF EGR circuit open
  • VREF short to PWR
  • Damaged DPF EGR sensor
  • DPFEGR circuit short to PWR
  • SIG RTN circuit open
  • Damaged PCM

Note, the P1443 is an EVAP related DTC and NOT EGR.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
turned out it was just a bad connection for the dpfe, you wouldn't happen to know where the 1443 system valve is on a 96-98GT would ya??

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
nvm, i found it, it's just under all the A/C stuff, thanks anyway tho :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts