Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little time on my hands , so I decided it was time to clean up under the hood. I am going to go with black paint. What do you think High Gloss or a Satin finish? Damm I hope I remember where all the parts go? :headscratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Wow buddy that is one slick car. Love the paint, the Cobra intake, the wheels & tires, hell I love it all! Nice car, I went with the gloss black, I think it turned out good looking and very fitting with the rest of the car. Underhood color of black is just the right thing to do with a Stang.... :gringreen :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is a Dodge color - Neon

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The black would be less maintenance but the body color under the hood would look better.
I don't think the garage is crowded enough. :gringreen

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I have also been thinking about matching exterior color but am concerned what finished job would look like as I will be shooting it in the garage. My thought was that with black I would have a little more room for errors. I was also thinking I have room for a least another project or two in the garage. :scratchchin

·
Registered
391 Posts
nice:scratchchin

I say get rid of the blue stuff around the wires. Next time get the grey spark plug wires, looks good though :hihi:

G

·
nice:scratchchin

I say get rid of the blue stuff around the wires. Next time get the grey spark plug wires, looks good though :hihi:

thats tape or has been replaced/hidden.....:)

nevermind weren't taking to me.....

oops......

i guess it isn't all about me....:hihi:

·
Registered
221 Posts
What did you use as hole filler Reggie? Welding or something else?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks nice. I love the burn orange I used to have that color on my old mustang. If you do go chrome/polish you can find a lot of engine parts on ebay that people polished. I found a lot of them for cheap. I went polish because my car is already black.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
5.0 Resto update

O.K. real quick run down of what has been done. Started with a 1992 ex state trooper car. 1994 -95 block with a Real 1993 Cobra Intake. I did not like airbag light on all the time and I wanted a tilt wheel, so I changed out entire wire harness to a 1989 harness from headlights back to tail lights and everything in between. Also changed out steering column to 1989 tilt wheel and speedo. As you can see I have installed UPR Tublar K member. I am happy to report project is about 85% complete and we were able to fire up car this weekend and aside from a small exhaust leak at header car runs great, no check engine light and all lights and accessories work, very cool. Also notice my junkyard find my $12.00 alum. driveshaft. please see pics. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I 2nd that "never again" this is not for the faint hearted it is a LOT OF WORK but in the end I know it will be worth the effort
You are exactly right. My 91 is in about the exact same stage except I am doing a complete restoration. Funny how much time you 'think' you have when you start one of these things. Looking good though. :bigthumbsup

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.