Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions for this. First would i need to get a new transmission if i was to put a supercharger in a 01 gt? or is the stock one able to handle it? also.. i do a lot of my shopping at americanmuscle.com but their engine dressup section doesnt seem to have anything im looking for. i want to get like blue or red valve covers and stuff that make it stand out just by opening the hood. chrome is good but really like the blue and red colors for stuff too. like spark plug wires but thats easy. any suggestions? thanks for the help!

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I had my stock T45 rebuilt with updated synchros and got a new clutch...it handles my Kenne Bell with no problems...I don't beat on it
Next the best way to have really cool valve covers or any other metal part for that matter is to have them powder coated...( hit "see my profile" to see my 427 with custom powder coating on the intake, etc)
If you have the plastic ones, then yeah you have to shop around for colored versions

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my stock T45 rebuilt with updated synchros and got a new clutch...it handles my Kenne Bell with no problems...I don't beat on it
Next the best way to have really cool valve covers or any other metal part for that matter is to have them powder coated...( hit "see my profile" to see my 427 with custom powder coating on the intake, etc)
If you have the plastic ones, then yeah you have to shop around for colored versions
How much did the rebuild cost? And did you do the powder coat work yourself or take it to a shop? Thats what I was asking if anyone knew of a shop to get the colored versions from. Like I've looked on Steeda.com and americanmuslce.com and they don't have any pre colored valve covers or anything.:weeps

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I havent done any upgrades to my tranny besides new clutch and its still holding up just fine with the Kenne Bell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts