Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well i purchased a 94 convertable off of a friend. When i got it cylinder 2 dumped gas all the time. Put in a new ECM and it fixed the problem. Now it has a rough idle, hesation, and misses at rpms lower then 1500, sometimes it even stalls out and dies if idleing to long. However when your driving on open highway it runs fine except for an occasional miss. The CEL codes say its both driver side O2 sensors. When i clear them it stays off, then you start it drive and shut it up and when you start it up again it back on. Heres whats been replaced

EGR Setup
IAC Valve
Spark Plug Wires
Spark plugs
MAF Sensor
ECT Sensor
All 4 O2 sensors
And the head was redone

If anyone can throw me any ideas that would be great!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
are you using stock plug wires or aftermarkets? ive heard aftermarket ones give people a hard time with random misfires and lacks of power

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Did you have the new ECM recalibrated to your vehicle. I replaced my throttlebody once and after, the car ran better but still like crap. It had to be recalibrated and if you are changing to a completely different ECM I'm sure that may have something to do with it.

By the way..... Welcome to AFM!!!:wavey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all these parts were replaced for free by the person that owned the vehicle before me he works at an auto parts store. And how do i go about recalabrating the ecm

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
all these parts were replaced for free by the person that owned the vehicle before me he works at an auto parts store. And how do i go about recalabrating the ecm
Find someone with the scanner tool (autozone/ advance auto's don't have the correct scanner for this), pay the dealership, or go to a mustang tuner shop and they could recalibrate and modify for your aftermarket parts that were put on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still having problems with the car. Now sometimes it will stall out and start to backfire and the only way to get it to run is to floor it all the way WOT. Im stuck on this one i cant figure it out and i dont have the money to take it to a shop so i was hoping someone here could help me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.