Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 1999 mustang and i thought all is needed was on of the fuel injectors, so i put a new fuel injector in and its still missing , but i think it might have something to do with the spark plugs, theyones in are shaped funny and dont look like any if have ever dealt with. does anybody have an idea what could be wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
before you change the spark plugs check your vacume hoses. my 02 gt was idleing weird and i thought it was the plugs. after about 300 dollars changing pluggs, o2 sensors, and plugg wires i found a vacume line off the passenger side pcv valve with a hole in it. turned out that a 3 inch peice of hose that the parts store will give you fixed the problem. learn from my mistakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you know what cylinder is missing? if you do try swaping the plug with a known good one.Do the same with injector and coil pack,if coil on plug ,or wire.Does it miss under load? only at idol? Ill try to help with more info. Bill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if they arent autolite or motor craft double platinums i would get rid of them. ford engines tend to be fussy when it comes to plugs. is the check engine lite on? you might have a bad wire, my pass side got a liitle cooked on the exhaust and cause a bad idle miss, and my fav you might need to sea foam it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does that Sea Foam work very well? Better than any other Fuel injector cleaner?

·
Registered
52 Posts
After you check all vacuum hoses and intake gaskets, and run a cleaner through it, clean the plugs (or change), then you should check your IAC (Idle Air Control).

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes seafoam does just what it claims, found it hard to believe hadmy doubts but after reading everything i could find about it including emailing seafoam had to try it it is the best:bigthumbsup:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive got it to whwere it willl idol, but the number three cylinder is not hitting, i replaced the soark oulugs and fuel injectors, the reason it would not idol was the catalitic converters were stopped up on it, so i beat the insides of them out and it will now idol, but isn't running perfect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.