Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 gt with 88,000 miles, heres the problem. the car has white smoke coming out the tailpipes (start up and operating temp.) i suspect burning oil, the car has no cats and has an EGR code im wondering if this would cause white smoke? or is it engine oil? i have not done a compression test yet.

im wondering if i have to replace piston rings, valve seals, maybe valves? (if my compression test doesnt go right) has anyone had this problem and if so did you buy a rebuild kit? and if so where might i find a good one for the stock 2 valve 4.6. or would it be better just to do a motor swap if i can find i decent used motor?

please help

·
Registered
169 Posts
white smoke is moisture not oil, having no cats will make white smoke its below 40=45 degrees outside
I agree. It's moisture not oil. Burning oil has more of a blue tint to it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is true, however ive had to add about a quart of oil so far sine the beginning of this month so that is my concer which is why i thought it was burning oil.

so would having no cats make the car have more white smoke at idle and driving around? regardless of its cold or hot outside?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts