Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm from San Antonio, Tx. and I'm new to this forum... I'd appreciate anyones help with a problem that just developed with my 91 5.0 LX Convertible. I've been noticing a slight pinging uder accelleration for a little while and just thought I might have gotten some cheap gas. I picked my car up fropm the body shop today and it's running terrible. Low power and clatters alot under accelleration. I changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor, and check the timing. Runs a little better, but not much. Any thoughts as to what my problem might be or what I should check next?

Thanks,
satx91lx:wavey

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
What's the oil pressure like ? I'd double check before driving ANY more. It could be a busted oil pump driveshaft or even an oil pump on the way out.

Are you leaking oil possibly?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
could be valve slap, that is when the valves slap up against the head, or ontop the cyliner if I remember correctly. Take off your valve cover and check the bolts under the there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil pressure is fine. I'll have to pull the valve covers and check out the other suggestions. Someone locally told me it could be either low fuel pump pressure, low ignition coil voltage, or fuel injector problems. Do any of those sound like they could cause what I'm experiencing?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I thinks it's more of a valve train problem than a fuel/air/spark delivery problem.

G

·
Check for any vacuum leaks. I had a leak at the vacuum hose that runs from the intake to the fuel pressure regulator and it caused a lean condition that made it ping pretty bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.