Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for about a month or so I've had a really irritating engine squeak, at first I thought it must be the belt, so i replaced it, but it didn't fix anything, I've started the engine with no belt and the squeaking still remains, the squeeking is worse when the engine hasn't been started for a while(like overnight) and as I drive it, it tends to get less and less noticeable(but not always), when it hasnt been started for a while I also notice a knocking sound, but it goes away once the engine has warmed up, I took it to a repair shop and the said it may be an oil distribution problem, I recommended the Camshaft Synchronizer as thats something I've read alot about while trying to diagnose it, and they agreed it could be the problem, any one have any ideas? the engine only has about 77k miles on it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i do believe you meant to say 3.9l, as there is no 3.6L. The only stock options are 3.8 and 3.9 for our year range on base model.

The camshaft syncro is a plausible culprit, mine has never made a peep, but others have said they can be rather noisy when they die.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts