Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 06 GT and my problem is sometimes when i drive the car for 30 miles in the interstate. I exit off the highway and stop and the red light. When I press the gas the car with stall then it will go. It does not do it everytime, but will stall and the same light maybe two times a week. The problem occured before and after the tune.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hello,
I have a 06 GT and my problem is sometimes when i drive the car for 30 miles in the interstate. I exit off the highway and stop and the red light. When I press the gas the car with stall then it will go. It does not do it everytime, but will stall and the same light maybe two times a week. The problem occured before and after the tune.

Does it Idle ok? Cold and Hot?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stall Issue

I have rebuilt approx. 13 (2005 and newer) Mustangs and the GT's are sometimes picking on gas. I had the same problem when purchasing gas at this one station, Ford said it was either water or the octane was too low. I don't know if this is what's wrong with yours but try running some high octane gas for a week or so. It may or may not help but wouldn't hurt to try. It helped mine.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
I have rebuilt approx. 13 (2005 and newer) Mustangs
Wow! 13 whole cars! Thats amazing:bigthumbsup

or is it 12?

or 14?

maybe 13 1/2?;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the same (identical) problem on my 06' Mustang GT. It's been there since it was new. It is not consistant, say every tenth time I pull off the freeway after a long run. It still had the problem after installing tthe supercharger, the recovery is just a lot more ... pronounced. It always seemed like a fuel starvation / vapor lock type problem.

Travelers .... Thanks for posting the TSB on this problem.
Way Cool! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ford issued a TSB# 06-9-9 that addresses that problem. Air bubbles can form around the fuel pump and be ingested into the pump causing hesitation. The correction is to replace the fuel pump module.(Do not use with 9350E)
Part number to use is 7R3Z-9H307-C
Part name is Sender and pump assy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts