Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure, since the engine bay of the 2010 mustang more than likely hasn't changed from the 05-09's, have any of you sixers out there considered swapping out the 4.0 for the new 3.7 when it becomes available as a crate motor?
I know I have. I'd be willing to get a cowl hood if my stock hood doesn't fit over the new motor.
I'd like to have a 280hp v6 without having to pay for a new car. I probably wouldn't do it until my car had over 100k on it though.

So,
stick with the 4.0?

or swap to 3.7?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
give it another year or so, and alot of us will have trashed motors and looking to replace or upgrade. now i hope i`m not one of em for a while. 05horse is working at his right now :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I really wanted the Twin turbo 3.5 V6 but seems they are designed for front wheel cars, i may consider trading for 5.0L 2011 maybe but i love my car so much that i cant say anything for sure

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
id like to trade for the 5.0 when its available also.....but ill have to see how i like my x charger first

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
seeing as how i just got a 5.0 :bigthumbsup :happyhapp i wont be trading for the coyote, and swapping a v6 for a v6 is just way too much work for not enough gain, you might as well just swap for a v8...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.