Ford Mustang Forum banner

Engine swap...need info

24989 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  iammrmagoo
I have recently acquired a 91 LX 2.3L with a broken crank. I am looking to install my 355 sbc into this ride. I know, its not right to crossbreed, but you only live once. If anyone has any info on swapping a chevy engine into a mustang, I would greatly appreciate it. Please... no heckling lol.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
It can be done with relitive ease actually, My younger brother is in the process of doing this same swap. He had ordered a k-member made specifically for this engine swap. though i can not for the life of me remember where he found it. I do know that it is made. So far the only problem he has ran into was getting the headers and all for the sbc to mustang. So sometime in the next few weeks when hes ready i will go to make them for him. There is one guy at the track that i run at that has this same comb. Not that i approve of it but ya run what ya got right. Ill look and see where i can find that k member and let you know where it is at.
the mount kit and k member you can get through jegs it comes with the motor mounts. its made by AJE racing. jegs should also know the name of how if they dont carry the headers for it. hope that helps.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.