Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking for some help on my current engine swap plans i alrdeady purchase a Ford Racing 302 with GT40 heads on it and i got the E303 cam for it but im hooking it up to an automatic tranny and need to hook my smog stuff up to it also. Im probably gonna do and A/C delete though cause i dont really use my ac cause i live in burning hot so cal. but other then that im in need of help for my choice with an intake manifold and induction selection as well as the TB. I currently like the Ford Racing GT40 intake but im really starting to like the new BBK intake that came out as well so which one do you think will work better, also shoud i stick with my stock fuel system or replace that junk and make it pump nice and clean, I'm leaning towards new pump, injectors, fuel line, regulator and filter but if i dont really need it ill stick with stock, I plan to have it super charged soon also so wat plugs should i go with for that case i here alot about using colder plugs and ive also heard about doing alcohol injection which im thinking allows for the use of a lower octane without hurting the engine but thats all ive heard. But as well all know an engine only provides the power to the drive train and you need more then alot of horse power and tourqe to get down the line fast.

Im also considering a new tranny that can handle the power im gonna be pushing through this thing which should be around 5-6 hundred after its charged im thinking and i dont think my stock AOD is gonna like that too much. I was thinking of getting like a TCI or Performance Automatics tranny for the fact on the TCI i can have a manual valve body for the strip and a normal drive operation for around town and yes this car will be my daily driver. As far as shifters go im not sure on which one i want right now any suggestion would be apreciated.

Drive train otherwise is decent i have 3.73's in the rear end which will work fine for this setup. im gonna hopefully get some new rims and tires not sure what tires to get but any suggestions would be appreciated something like pirelli's maybe so i could get that rides on rails traction but then again i want some rubber that will keep me hooked up at the track so yeah.

Thanks for reading all this i know its alot and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

G

·
Great project!

I have the GT40 for my 89 stang and just installed an Edelbrock Performer II on my 92 convertible. I purchased my GT40 years ago and from what I understand, since then there are much better performing aftermarket intakes on the market. I know of the new BBK intake but do not know how well they perform. I went with the Edelbrock last year because from what I could tell it had a reputation for being one of the best all round performance 5.0L intakes. Very happy with my selection and it looks great too. It would still be my choice today.

If you are going with a supercharger then upgrading your stock fuel system, especially your injectors is an excellent idea if not a requirement. I suggest you make a post in the Power Adders forum for more advise on what upgrade components you should consider.

As for the transmission, my 92 ragtop is also an automatic. I went with a Lentec Street Terminator transmission since I wanted a strong transmission to handle the new 347 engine but with good street manners. If you have not familiar with Lentech AOD transmissions, check them out. Excellent reputation for building bullet proof transmissions and I love the overdrive delete feature.

No advise on tires but if you want your stang to ride like its on rails you will also need to look into upgrading suspension and chassis components. First item would be installing a quality set of full length subframe connectors like those offered by Maximum Motorsports and strut tower brace.

When it comes to suspension and chassis upgrades for your foxbody there are plenty of aftermarket suppliers. Suggest you select one manufacturer and stick with their components so you end up with suspension and chassis components that are designed to work together. There are some high quality, well designed and proven systems on the market like those offered by Maximum Motorsports and Steeda to name a few. I chose Maximum Motorsports for both my stangs. Very impressed with the quality, design and performance of their components. Their customer service is also outstanding.

Anyways, hope this is some help to you and good luck with your project. Sounds like alot of fun, and even more once you get to drive it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.