Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was planning on rebuilding me engine in my 02gt soon. i was wondering if there are any kits i can buy that would make it easier to match everything up. i would like stronger internals so i can possible have nitrous or a supercharger.. i am planning on getting stage two crower cams hopefully the same time im doing the rebuild.. im guessing i would need forged pistons and all that but i have no clue really.. if anyone has any input or advise it would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
if your going with a FI you want to lower your compression.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Compression

Agreed. Many of the suppliers like DSS offer forged kits with dished pistons to drop compression to about 8.5 or 8.6 for a supercharged application. This will yield benefits in tuning, driveability and reliability. I would recommend you do your full plan BEFORE building the motor, since different power-adder strategies will affect choices like engine compression, cams, etc.

Decide EXACTLY which supercharger/turbocharger/nitrous kit you are going to use, and consult with the blower techs as to what sort of build will match best to their supercharger. Then double check those plans with the cam supplier, whoever is going to port your heads, plus the supplier for your rebuild kit. DO allow some money for getting those heads swapped or re-worked - FoxLake, Livernois and Patriot are some companies to review.

Take pics of the build and let us know how it turns out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.