Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Yeah, you can run 9.5’s all the way around with 275’s. You can put some 285’s on the rear if you want to also.

The 40mm offset will have them “pushed out” about as far as you ever want to go with them. But it’s ok. I wouldn’t go 1mm less than a 40mm offset and if can it wouldn’t hurt to get some closer to 44mm.

Nice rims.:bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you can run 9.5’s all the way around with 275’s. You can put some 285’s on the rear if you want to also.

The 40mm offset will have them “pushed out” about as far as you ever want to go with them. But it’s ok. I wouldn’t go 1mm less than a 40mm offset and if can it wouldn’t hurt to get some closer to 44mm.

Nice rims.:bigthumbsup
Appreciate it. I think I might go with the TRMotorsports MT1. They are 45mm offset. I like them a lot too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm starting to read stuff about the center caps not fitting on a 9.5 in rim in the front. That was on BOTH rims I posted my interest about. I'm starting to look at other rims, I seen Enkei L-SR's at tirerack and damnnnnnn those look sexy. They are 18x9's witha 40mm offset. They recommend a 285 40 18 so I know my 275 40's will fit, but is there anyway I could know now if the center cap will fit given the offset and rim width?
Enkei Performance L-SR Machined w/Black Accent

I don't know why those links from tirerack don't work. Everytime they screw up when I click on them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found my answer. A differnt rim. Weighing 21 lbs and the guy I talked to said he can get them in 9.5in width. I didnt bother to ask if he had a 10" rim, but I will ask next time. Has a 40mm offset and SHOULD have no issue with anything with 275 40's all around. Wife gave the go ahead, it's a go tommorow. I told the guy about the cap not working on the fronts of those other rims and said it won't be a problem. I would be mega-pissed if there was an issue.
Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I got the new TSW rotary forged Nurbgring rims and I love them. I haven't driven them more than a couple miles yet, but I plan on "benchmarking" them on certain areas I know that I can gauge consistency. Anyway, the caps on fronts fit fine, unlike the TR1 Motorsports and Enkei's I was looking/talking about in previous post. The only issue I had was the lug nuts I had on the Roush rims are to wide for these. So I had to get some skinny splined ones they had there. Rim sure change the cars appearance rather quickly. I'm super pleased... Check'em out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i love those rims and they look awesome on ur car:bigthumbsup

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I'm digging them. I wasn't sure about the bronze finish until they were on the car.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice look, love rims with that style. What rubber did you get on them?

And sorry I didn't chime in sooner, but my Godspeed Omegas are 18x10 out back with a 40mm offset, they fit fine.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice look, love rims with that style. What rubber did you get on them?

And sorry I didn't chime in sooner, but my Godspeed Omegas are 18x10 out back with a 40mm offset, they fit fine.
I just moved my tires over. I got 275 40 18 all the way around on Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's. I will be glad to get new tires though. I want some extreme summers, there are several candidates out there. I looked at the Godspeed rims for a while. I really liked them a lot. I was trying to keep the rim as light as possible. These I got are 21lbs a piece and the ones I wanted were only 19lbs, but the centercap issue nixed that. Godspeed makes some ultralights that are 24lbs a piece that are pretty sweet and they are priced good.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah I was in the same boat as you, wanted wheels I could put some wider meats on but didn't weigh a ton. Really liked the enkei rpf1's but decided on the godspeeds for a few different reasons, one being that they came with nitto nt555's for an awesome price. Love the nitto's so far, the grip is awesome and no noticeable noise increase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts