Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 GT and I am having really bad idle surges when the AC is on and I come to a complete stop. The idle is fine when I have the AC on and the car is in in traffic...the idle surges from 300rmp to about 1400rmp and does this for the duration of time that I am stopped....sometimes it almost shuts off...

I've cleaned the MAF, clean the air filter (K&N), replaced the IAC valve, the EGR valve, PCV valve and I have a new ECM (about 3 months old). Am I not checking something??? Could it be low on freon or something.

It only happens when I come to a stop!!! Any advice...Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is your CEL on? I had the exact same symptoms when my upstream o2 sensors were not responding. As soon as I replaced them it cleared the idle right up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No CEL...all 4 o2 sensors were recently changed...she runs strong other then when stopped and the damn AC running...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Could have to do with your IAC valve...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah IAC would have been my guess..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The TPS was no good...replaced that and now she is good to go...no longer idling all over the place when I come to a stop with the AC on!!!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
good deal nice fix:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2 Posts
The TPS was no good...replaced that and now she is good to go...no longer idling all over the place when I come to a stop with the AC on!!!!
I'm going to assume TPS is Throttle Position sensor or am I missing an acronym??

How hard was this to replace? My 2000 GT just started showing these exact symptons this weekend when it was 96 degrees outside.

Mine is also blowing hot air out the vents, so I don't know if this is exactly the same problem, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.