Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 V6, the check engine light came on, I took it to Pep Boys, they checked it with the scanner and it came back with error code P0442 which is a small emissions leak. They told me that it was most likely a bad fuel cap. I replaced it and 6 days later the light came back on and it smells like gas outside of the car. Any ideas?

·
Registered
323 Posts
"MOST LIKELY" a bad fuel cap...who told you that one of the service writers there...they hire anybody off the street to be a service regardless of what you know about cars...they only said that because thats the easiest problem to fix...you need to take it to a real shop and get it EVAP tested with a smoke machine there could be a hole in an EVAP line could even be a small hole in the gas tank its self.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
"MOST LIKELY" a bad fuel cap...who told you that one of the service writers there...they hire anybody off the street to be a service regardless of what you know about cars...they only said that because thats the easiest problem to fix...you need to take it to a real shop and get it EVAP tested with a smoke machine there could be a hole in an EVAP line could even be a small hole in the gas tank its self.
lol they have service writers at pepboys ??

·
Registered
323 Posts
it would seem that way otherwise they would be wearing the blue collar too lol...which actually would make them seem more helpful then there really are and might infer that they know something and don't just sit behind a desk fiddling there thumbs all day.

Your problem was that you went to pepboys :nono: for a FREE service were they just pull the code...they work off commision there so if your not buying anything they don't want to be bothered with you on top of not knowing anything to begin with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.