Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 01 V6 stang has been missing pretty bad lately, and its really annoying me and i can't figure out whats wrong.. it has brand new plugs and plug wires now and still not running right. so today the service engine soon light came on so i plugged in my thing and it reads an error code P1285, and said "cylinder head over temperatore (cht) condition". Can anyone tell me what this means and what i need to do? thanks alot!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
what have you done to try and fix it.. anything yet?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been doin it for 2 months at least, and within that time i've put on new plugs and plug wires, fuel filter, cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body, seafoamed the car every way possible, and nothin helps.. im to the point where im ready to take it to Ford and say JUST FIX IT. cause i'm not mechanicly inclined and dont know much more to do other than what i've already done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, its worse when first starting off.. it stalls and doesnt take off good, and then all of a sudden it will kick and take off flyin! then once going at a steady speed on the highway, i'll start feeling it missing a little here and there. i stomp the gas to make it stop. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.