Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So about 3 weeks ago I installed a CAI on my 2006 v6 mustang. Shortly after, the check engine light came on, and I had it checked at a mechanic, and the codes that came up were PO171, and PO174, which are the Mass Airflow Sensor codes.
I find it hard to believe that my MAF happened to go bad right after I put in my CAI. The ran a little weird right after I put it in as well, so I am thinking that the computer just hasn't calibrated for the CAI yet.

So my questions are this:
What are you opinions what might be wrong?
What is a good fix? And would a SCT tuner with a tune fix the problem? Because I am planning on getting an SCT soon anyway.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Those are lean codes. You don’t mention what kind of CAI it is, but chances are it’s the type that requires a tune to work properly. Basically the cross-sectional area where the MAF sensor mounts is larger than stock so you need a tune to read the different signal coming from the MAF sensor correctly.

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
+1
The '05 and up cars require a tune to run a CAI properly. The computer won't calibrate for the CAI on it's own, for the reasons the guy who posted above already mentioned.

An SCT tuner with the proper tune will fix it up. I'm pretty sure American Muscle has a deal with free tunes if you get a tuner from them.

Good luck

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright. I kinda figured something like that, but thank you for the help! :)
I will definitely go buy one soon then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.