Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was slowing down to stop at a light and the check engine light came on. got home checked trouble code with SCT tuner and gave me P300 error. Cleared trouble code and drove around varying speed and rpms for about 10 minutes and check engine light did not come back on.

I have read a vacuum leak, bad gas, something interrupting fuel supply or air flow also read that these high compression 5.0 engines will generate random misfire events at low RPMs @ <2K.

The car is a 2011 5.0 with 3.73 gears, 6MT, boss intake, CAI , Bama 93R tune and roush exhaust.

Anyone else get this error code?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was slowing down to stop at a light and the check engine light came on. got home checked trouble code with SCT tuner and gave me P300 error. Cleared trouble code and drove around varying speed and rpms for about 10 minutes and check engine light did not come back on.

I have read a vacuum leak, bad gas, something interrupting fuel supply or air flow also read that these high compression 5.0 engines will generate random misfire events at low RPMs @ <2K.

The car is a 2011 5.0 with 3.73 gears, 6MT, boss intake, CAI , Bama 93R tune and roush exhaust.

Anyone else get this error code?
Was P300 the entire code? No 1-8 at the end?

To my understanding, the 300 numbered codes, deal with cylinder misfire and the last number of the code should indicate which cylinder it is. Hopefully it's not the dreaded #8 issue.

Good luck to you, hopefully it was a one time computer F up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had that code keep coming up after I took the car in for transmission work( changed the pp bolts, pressure plate, and clutch).
Have you had any trans work done. Ford fixed the problem by having to relearn the crankshaft sensor. after taking the trans out. it was pretty simple fix but only ford has to tools to do it.

check out the thread i posted

cylinder miss fire in #2 and #3

·
Registered
679 Posts
My Mustang has not once backfired in 11,000 miles, and I normally shift 2 - 4 - 6 running 87 Octane to keep the revs low and conserve gasoline. Thus I say that a story about 5.0 engine's tendency to backfire because of its high-compression is just that, a story (fiction). I do recognize that an engine could have a problem that causes a backfire, but it is certainly not normal.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was P300 the entire code? No 1-8 at the end?

To my understanding, the 300 numbered codes, deal with cylinder misfire and the last number of the code should indicate which cylinder it is. Hopefully it's not the dreaded #8 issue.

Good luck to you, hopefully it was a one time computer F up.
Pretty sure that was the entire code.

My hope is it was just a one time computer glitch. If it happens again then I will look into it deeper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had that code keep coming up after I took the car in for transmission work( changed the pp bolts, pressure plate, and clutch).
Have you had any trans work done. Ford fixed the problem by having to relearn the crankshaft sensor. after taking the trans out. it was pretty simple fix but only ford has to tools to do it.

check out the thread i posted

cylinder miss fire in #2 and #3
Have not had any work done on transmission.

Going to wait and see if it happens again and take it from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts