Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on other sites im getting told diffrent things..so i thought id give you guys a shot..
right now i have no clue what power/times id be around with all this..
- comp stage 2 cams
- stage 2 patriot heads
- mac long tube headers
- stage 2 spec clutch
- mgw short throw
- sct livewire tuner
- not sure what shorty midpipe to use yet..
- motive 4:10 gears
- nitto 555r drag radials
what yous think..

might be added a trickflow intake if i can find one alil cheaper than 800 lol

also i have a nitrous kit...may use it..may not...but i know with all that 100 shot i go BOOM!!..
so would a 50 be alright and push the HP a stocky with a supercharger would run

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
With the cam/head setup id est. around 320 maybe. You would be safe with a 50 shot, the 100 shot might be pushing it, but you would probably be alright. That sct livewire tuner si pretty cool, id like to get one for my car.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Get her up there on a dyno. Then you will know for sure what you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i plan on doing the dyno..i just want a baseline idea

·
Banned
652 Posts
my friend has a similar setup and he's only making 290 at the wheels

·
Registered
69 Posts
if your doin all that and runnin 4.10's dont waste your money on the nitto 555r's... you'l never get outta the whole they dont impress me much so if your plannin on goin to the track much get the nitto nt01's or you'l be upset with your time

·
Registered
512 Posts
im doing alot of the same work next month just waiting for the stage 2 patriot heads and stage 2 comp cams to be delieved.
im going
-patriot stage 2 heads
-comp cams stage 2
-sct livewire
-bbk longtube
-pp typhon intake, plenum, and tb 75mm
-k&n cold air intake
-flowmaster exhaust and mid(already on car
-hurst shorty shifter

let me know when you dyno it im intersted to see what you get

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Safe

With the cam/head setup id est. around 320 maybe. You would be safe with a 50 shot, the 100 shot might be pushing it, but you would probably be alright. That sct livewire tuner si pretty cool, id like to get one for my car.
I agree, about 320 at the crank, ASSUMING the tune is dead on. A lot depends on the tune, particularly with nitrous added to the mix. I am of the idea that adding nitrous requires a custom tune just FOR the nitrous, but then I'm more risk-averse than others. With all the mods, you would benefit from a few dyno sessions regardless. I would recommend you come up with a N/A tune and a Nitrous tune, and then you could run the 100 shot at the track.

As for what your times would be, there are simply too many variables to get too crazy nailing it down. The major limiting factors at this point are you, the driver - track conditions - and traction. If you slip, you lose time, simple as that. Do you have good LCA's? I'll assume not. The Nittos will help with traction...

OK, assuming you can hook up and shift gears, witout juice, and get a good 60 foot time, figure high 13's on an average day and a clean run.

With the 100 shot, low 13's.

But these estimates are wild-guesstimates, and pretty worthless. Get out there in the real world and let us know what you really do!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i put about 270 horse out all motor n run a 100 shot and run 13.0 and thats with a 3.08 rear end that doesnt pull the way i'd like after i get outta the hole. im happy with that time with that gear and est. atleast 12.6 when i get my 3.73 in. thats with the nitto NT01 which i've not been impressed by any other tire after having these. and tires in one of the most critical parts of your car at the track. by far

·
Registered
826 Posts
I got damb near the same set-up and after the dyno im pushing 314hp to the ground...so you should be really close to that!!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I say 310 but yeah, you need to strap her up on a dyno

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I would say right around 300 rwhp I have close to the same setup .you can spray a 100 shot all day dont waste your time with a 50 shot. I am running a 100 shot with no issues. I am also running 315/35 nitto drag radials with 4:10's with no traction issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.