Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of those on this forum ordered your cars Jan - April, had them built in April and early May, and now frustrated by having your cars stuck in ramp 51. These cars are being slowly released as we see by the pitures of the forum members.

I am assuming that the issue affecting the cars stuck in ramp 51 has been corrected on the production line.

My question... Would that mean that the cars that have been ordered after the correction would go back to the regular 4-6 weeks for delivery? Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
That is probably correct.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would HOPE and ASSUME you are correct.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered may 10th. The ETA is June 20th. The car is out of the plant, it was around Chicago on a rail 2 days ago (i'm in California so it's going west). If the ETA is correct that would make it 5 weeks and 6 days, which would be faster than what I expected. Dealer originally said 8 to 12 weeks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
WoW
I ordered mine on 5/13 and it looks like delivery June 26th... I would be surprised if it gets here then... Before the 4th.... nice

·
Registered
379 Posts
I ordered mine on 1/30, was built this week, so you should get it sometime before hell freezes over.

·
Registered
893 Posts
This does'nt make any sense:yelwacko: I'm in California also and my car was ordered retail 4/17 and built 5/14. Vin#119526 first ETA 5/23 passed then latest was 6/2 again passed.

I got a email from my dealer today saying they got a ok to ship for 6/27 and to expext my car at the end of July or a little sooner.

mabey cars built after May are not being held(except mine) who knows:?:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ordered mine on 1/30, was built this week, so you should get it sometime before hell freezes over.
LMAO.... that's about right.

And Zilla... you got it... cars built later weren't on hold so they are shipping faster. My guess is there was a "training issue" on the line that QC caught but was then fixed so later cars weren't affected.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I ordered may 10th. The ETA is June 20th. The car is out of the plant, it was around Chicago on a rail 2 days ago (i'm in California so it's going west). If the ETA is correct that would make it 5 weeks and 6 days, which would be faster than what I expected. Dealer originally said 8 to 12 weeks.
mattr12,

When was your's built?

·
Registered
244 Posts
mattr12,

When was your's built?
6/03. All dates were confirmed by dealer and JonnyB. I agree with previous posts, it looks like cars ordered after the beginning of may are being processed normally.

It looks like anything built before may 15th'ish (vins 123ish and older) have been stuck on ramp 51 for most of them. As for order date vs build date, it's been out of control for most orders done before may. Some people ordered in february and got a build date in may, others ordered in march and got a build date in april, this makes absolutely no sense.

·
Registered
244 Posts
also, don't trust dealer inventory online. Check the VIN number. Some dealers show cars in their inventory but the car is not even built yet :head_shot:

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
What in tarnation? My car was ALSO built on 3-June and my ETA is June-18. My STILL has not left Ramp 5P in Michigan (origin received awaiting shipping).
I'm starting to think this has to do with rack loads. If the rack is not full the train won't go. Or they're waiting for the train to come back to load your car on the rack.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's the GTs that are on hold. V6's have been shipping all along. My GT was built May 24 and is still at ramp 51. Going on 3 weeks and no movement. They still have not corrected whatever quality issue they are having.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont know about all V6 shipping but I know my dealer got one last week and another V6 today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts