Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok last year I modded my way up to an Eforce 3.5 pulley CAI and LT headers. On a totally stock drivetrain and suspension, I acheived a best of 11.85 at 119mph.

since then I added a dynotech alum driveshaft, spec 2+ clutch, BMR LCA/UCA, and the n2mb wotbox. Im aiming for an 11.5 or better.

Anybody think that is reasonable? Last year the stock clutch was slipping a bit on the high end of 4800rpm. I think the best possible outcome would be a high 11.3x :kooky:and an average of 11.6 :yelpleased:

Any thoughts/opinion would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Ok last year I modded my way up to an Eforce 3.5 pulley CAI and LT headers. On a totally stock drivetrain and suspension, I acheived a best of 11.85 at 119mph.

since then I added a dynotech alum driveshaft, spec 2+ clutch, BMR LCA/UCA, and the n2mb wotbox. Im aiming for an 11.5 or better.

Anybody think that is reasonable?
I think that is more than reasonable, maybe even conservative :bigthumbsup

I'm surprised you went that fast with the stock ca's, now with the added rigidity your 60's are sure to drop. The Dynotech will let you spin quicker going down the strip, good for another tenth, so they say. And replacing a slipping clutch with a good-quality aftermarket is priceless. Not to mention the wot box...depending on how you rowed previously it could make from a slight to huge difference.

Oh yeah, 11.5's or better are in your future!! Maybe less than that, 11.3-11.4? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lowballing the average, but before the wotbox I rowed the gears as hard as they would let me. I'd get locked out everytime unless I lifted the skinny pedal partway. That's why I would think that a low 11.3 would be pushing it. IMO, but that's why I'm asking some other racers opinion, because I'm no expert.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody have their et improvements of an aluminum driveshaft? Wotbox? Or LCA/UCA? Post your improvement if you have one of these parts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ran my 11.56 with the 3.5 pulley, CAI and stock manifolds in cold weather last year. I think you should be able to run in the 11.3 range in cold weather. It is really hot down here in Texas now so I run in the 11.8 range right now. I am curious to see how the driveshaft inproves your time. My plans are for LTs and a 1 pc.drive shaft. Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran my 11.56 with the 3.5 pulley, CAI and stock manifolds in cold weather last year. I think you should be able to run in the 11.3 range in cold weather. It is really hot down here in Texas now so I run in the 11.8 range right now. I am curious to see how the driveshaft inproves your time. My plans are for LTs and a 1 pc.drive shaft. Good luck.
I'm running a manual but the wotbox supposedly closes the gap between the auto and manual since the auto is usually quicker. I'll find out in a few hours gotta wash the car and head out to the track.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
A good hook up and that is very reasonable. What tires will you be running on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A good hook up and that is very reasonable. What tires will you be running on?
You called it bkid! My 60 fts were worse. 1.8-2.0 it didn't matter what rpm I launched at, it just ended up spinning through first but the rest of the race was fairly good. A tenth faster from 1/8 to 1/4. But I gotta get my 60 foot down back to 1.6-1.7 to meet my goals. Kinda disappointing but it's my first time out for the year. Maybe some bmr relocation bracket would help? Best of the night was 11.97 with 20psi I lowered it down to 18 psi but a car crashed. Then started raining before track cleaning was done. Better luck next time (June 17) I'll be back lol

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You called it bkid! My 60 fts were worse. 1.8-2.0 it didn't matter what rpm I launched at, it just ended up spinning through first but the rest of the race was fairly good. A tenth faster from 1/8 to 1/4. But I gotta get my 60 foot down back to 1.6-1.7 to meet my goals. Kinda disappointing but it's my first time out for the year. Maybe some bmr relocation bracket would help? Best of the night was 11.97 with 20psi I lowered it down to 18 psi but a car crashed. Then started raining before track cleaning was done. Better luck next time (June 17) I'll be back lol
SO what tires are you running,my suggestion if you are not on a full slick;would be to go to a full slick for the track. I was not able to hook untill that time,well consistantly that is. I would go through the drag radials very quick also. I am running Hoosier QTP`S and I got a 1.5 sixty last time out. That is really good way up here where I live.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running 265/40/18 Mickey's street radial 2. They had no problem getting a 1.7 60 ft last year. I think that a set of 15x3.5 and 15x8 are next on the parts list. I'm also running stock shocks, a set of tokico D-spec look like a nice set.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I'm running 265/40/18 Mickey's street radial 2. They had no problem getting a 1.7 60 ft last year. I think that a set of 15x3.5 and 15x8 are next on the parts list. I'm also running stock shocks, a set of tokico D-spec look like a nice set.
15x10`s would be better,also if you could go to a better tire like the bias ply MT OR Hoosier QTP`S that would help alot. Your tires may be old and that could hurt you also. The TOkico`s will help transfer the weight a lot better. If you really want to cut that sixty some more look into the Eibach Drag launch kit.
Sounds like a set of big and little`s will be in your future. I love my Bogarts.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
So? Did you go to the track last night?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So? Did you go to the track last night?
Ya I went but only made 4 passes with 2-1.80 60 ft and 2-2.0 60 ft

The 1.80's resulted in 2 11.9x' and the 2.0's resulted in 12.5's

Gotta get my 60's lower