Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
me too,

school,girlfriends,stores, highway,races, you name it, until winter then i get the plow out!

6.2 Diesel What! WHAT!?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to do a poll didn't work. people that drive quick to work, shoot the gap to get on the interstate. accelerate to get passed the semi, launched from the stop light to make the turn for 7-11 store, to me its all racing not just two cars "street racing ". It's all the same. I'm sick of the holier than thou tell me they've never raced on the street. Everyone does.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
never race it on the streets.... way to many cops, way too much traffic and just too much to lose if something goes wrong.... only time i ever race on the street is if your on a open highway at night or something with no traffic.... besides I own a sport bike for a reason.... now that thing i race!! (at the track tho).

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i used to street race but only to shut the kids up at skool that drove hondas. since i rebuilt the engine i dont race but i do "get down on it" a little bit here and there. i just cant see losing my car to the cops if i get caught street racing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never race it on the streets.... way to many cops, way too much traffic and just too much to lose if something goes wrong.... only time i ever race on the street is if your on a open highway at night or something with no traffic.... besides I own a sport bike for a reason.... now that thing i race!! (at the track tho).
first you say you don't race on the streets , than in your second breath say only on open highway or at night. racing is racing isn't it.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Been street racing for 20 years. No reason to stop now:D

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I guess it depends on your definition of racing really.

It seems like your definition of racing is anything that involves rapid acceleration, regardless of whether or not you're in a contest with another rapidly accelerating vehicle. This is including but not limited to rapidly accelerating to pass a vehicle, rapidly accelerating from a stop light or sign, rapidly accelerating while entering the freeway and driving in excess of the speed limit in order to arrive at work on time.

The typical definition of racing is two cars that compete in a speed or acceleration contest in order to determine the victor. Dictionary.com defines racing as: a contest of speed.

In your definition, yes, I race my car on the street. I enjoy accelerating rapidly for the sheer thrill of it.

In the second definition, however, I most certainly do not partake. Aside from being illegal, contests of speed on public roadways are dangerous and impractical. Things such as these are better left for the track, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Add me to the list, Yes I some times street race.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I race when im challenged and on clean street where theres not much traffic so i can see if cops are anywhere, i say only when challenged because i dont see my car as fast and dont want to make an ass of myself if i get smoked by another car,
but wait till i make my car faster :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
on a open highway at night
But can you stop in time if a deer jumps into the road in front of you? With most headlights you can't see far enough ahead :shocked:at night if you are going 100+ :happyhapp or at racing speeds.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just depends what's trying to race me

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
first you say you don't race on the streets , than in your second breath say only on open highway or at night. racing is racing isn't it.
bad way of putting it.... i mean when there is an open highway at night with no traffic i like to hit the a gas harder than usual.... but that doesn't mean ill race someone else.... its just me giving her some extra gas alone.... like 150 or something. I never race someone else on the road.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
But can you stop in time if a deer jumps into the road in front of you? With most headlights you can't see far enough ahead :shocked:at night if you are going 100+ :happyhapp or at racing speeds.
dude I live in BC, Canada.... I don't think you quite understand how many animals can come in-front of you here on the road.

With that being said the highway speed limit is 100... you really think you can stop in time even if your doing the limit? i dont think so. Whats another 60 on top of limit:shigrin

Its life.... anything can happen.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Tried to do a poll didn't work. people that drive quick to work, shoot the gap to get on the interstate. accelerate to get passed the semi, launched from the stop light to make the turn for 7-11 store, to me its all racing not just two cars "street racing ". It's all the same. I'm sick of the holier than thou tell me they've never raced on the street. Everyone does.

Seems to me you're redefining a word, just so you can be sick of people with a "holier then thou" attitude, and I'm sick of people that make up definitions just so they can throw a fit.

Just because the descriptions you gave meant "it's all racing" in your mind doesn't make to true (go look the word up).

Heck- I could call a rock a Twinkee, but if you bite it, you're going to lose a tooth.

·
Registered
621 Posts
i dont race on streets i dont feel like having an impounded car or a big ticket.. but i have raced my buddy once just to visually see the difference in the gt and v6

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.