·
Registered
534 Posts
a 10.99.. just made it into the 10s..

those 325's in the back just look badass

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
wow!! That didn't take long at all. Everyone that was complaining about the road test 1/4 mile times earlier this year can bite one now.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
wow!! That didn't take long at all. Everyone that was complaining about the road test 1/4 mile times earlier this year can bite one now.

The Evo Car is modded though, when we were talking about 1/4 mile times compared with the c6, they were in stock form. There are plenty of C6's in the 10s too with mods..

One thing, when i was reading the mods of the Evo Cobra it didnt mention a ported blower, until i watched the video. It was 560/560 with a porter blower? should'nt it be more? i see that with 03-04 cobras with the same mods.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Those guys know what they are doing.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
What did Evo do to it?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Snackmaster said:
They made it fast :gringreen

The mods are listed in the opening sequence of the vid.

Awesome.
HAHAHAHA nice response!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Yeah, Evo got it into the 10's with mods. But what I want to see are real times from Joe Blow off the street who takes his GT500 to the track. I have yet to see those. I'm sure with some practice even a near stock GT500 will be a low-mid 12 second car.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Yeah, Evo got it into the 10's with mods. But what I want to see are real times from Joe Blow off the street who takes his GT500 to the track. I have yet to see those. I'm sure with some practice even a near stock GT500 will be a low-mid 12 second car.
I'd be more wowed at high 11s. The C6 vette does low 12s and they cost pretty much the same price MSRP...except the GT500 won't sell for anything below 15k above that so....for once I think the mustang loses the bang for the buck here.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
What I was really surprised about what for the mods that that car has....it should be making more power. I've seen plenty of 03-04 cobras in the same range..in fact, i know someone who has similar mods on his 04 and hes at 530 range. Plus the car is 4000lbs doesnt make it the best performer.. the only reason the C6 can hang is because of its light weight.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sincitystang said:
What I was really surprised about what for the mods that that car has....it should be making more power. I've seen plenty of 03-04 cobras in the same range..in fact, i know someone who has similar mods on his 04 and hes at 530 range. Plus the car is 4000lbs doesnt make it the best performer.. the only reason the C6 can hang is because of its light weight.
I'm (car) naked here..with a sold stang sitting in my driveway ...& paid for ..so don't want to take it out ...meanwhile ..waiting forever on the shelby(s) so I revisited the C-6 ....test drove a vert ..auto w/paddle shift but pretty anemic....the auto's have 2:59 rears WTH ! Wife doesn't want to mess w/a stick but after driving the relatively slow vert ...a yellow Z06 caught my eye ...I may take it for a test drive ...scared that if I do ...the heck w/the old lady ...those 505 horses from that 427 aluminum engine...with carbon fiber fenders...magnesium engine mount , titanium valves , hydroformed aluminum frame...heads up display & Nav ..to name just a few goodies ...are starting to look aweful appealing ....this commercial however is keeping me grounded ....although the $$$ is burning the proverbial hole ....
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006/news0104gt500commercial.php
I think I could be happy w/the Z06 & a shelby vert LOL

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
roboz said:
I'm (car) naked here..with a sold stang sitting in my driveway ...& paid for ..so don't want to take it out ...meanwhile ..waiting forever on the shelby(s) so I revisited the C-6 ....test drove a vert ..auto w/paddle shift but pretty anemic....the auto's have 2:59 rears WTH ! Wife doesn't want to mess w/a stick but after driving the relatively slow vert ...a yellow Z06 caught my eye ...I may take it for a test drive ...scared that if I do ...the heck w/the old lady ...those 505 horses from that 427 aluminum engine...with carbon fiber fenders...magnesium engine mount , titanium valves , hydroformed aluminum frame...heads up display & Nav ..to name just a few goodies ...are starting to look aweful appealing ....this commercial however is keeping me grounded ....although the $$$ is burning the proverbial hole ....
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006/news0104gt500commercial.php
I think I could be happy w/the Z06 & a shelby vert LOL

I say keep one stang......a shelby vert would be nice...but a Z06 would be crazy! I know of someone that has an 06 C6, and its an auto and your right, they are very anemic. He took it to a shop and had 4:09 gears, long tubes, full catback, cold air and tune, and it totally woke up the car! But can you imagine that in a Z06... a stock 11 second street car that has all the luxury items is a heck of a car if you ask me. Your a lucky man...keep me posted.

·
Registered
386 Posts
sincitystang said:
I say keep one stang......a shelby vert would be nice...but a Z06 would be crazy! I know of someone that has an 06 C6, and its an auto and your right, they are very anemic. He took it to a shop and had 4:09 gears, long tubes, full catback, cold air and tune, and it totally woke up the car! But can you imagine that in a Z06... a stock 11 second street car that has all the luxury items is a heck of a car if you ask me. Your a lucky man...keep me posted.
Yo , Sin thanks for the tip ..if I end up w/ a vette auto , those mods definately sound worthy ....my intention all along was to just keep the gt500 vert ...only reason I ordered 2 was that the opportunity presented itself @ marginally over sticker ...so pretty much figured I'd flip the coupe ...unlike dealers however I would list on ebay a @ my cost & where ever it ended up is fine by me...the vette has ALLOT more polish , amenities etc..than the stang & the Z06 is pretty incredible ...Quite frankly I find what the dealers have done w/the shelby's pretty distasteful & IMO it paints a pretty crappy picture for ford who's struggling no less...they should have just ramped up to meet demand ..period ..why alienate customers ??

On another note I noticed a dealer in vegas selling an XLR-V pretty cheap ....for 60K that would be a hell of a car

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
roboz said:
Yo , Sin thanks for the tip ..if I end up w/ a vette auto , those mods definately sound worthy ....my intention all along was to just keep the gt500 vert ...only reason I ordered 2 was that the opportunity presented itself @ marginally over sticker ...so pretty much figured I'd flip the coupe ...unlike dealers however I would list on ebay a @ my cost & where ever it ended up is fine by me...the vette has ALLOT more polish , amenities etc..than the stang & the Z06 is pretty incredible ...Quite frankly I find what the dealers have done w/the shelby's pretty distasteful & IMO it paints a pretty crappy picture for ford who's struggling no less...they should have just ramped up to meet demand ..period ..why alienate customers ??

On another note I noticed a dealer in vegas selling an XLR-V pretty cheap ....for 60K that would be a hell of a car
I agree with that..I'm taking it mostly out on Carol Shelby.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
roboz said:

An XLR-V for $60? that is cheap! whats wrong with it????

As for Vettes, i know that a lot of Ford faithfull people hate to hear it, but the Vette is very well built ..(its built only in 1 facotry in KY).. the fit and finish is awesome for an american car. The performance is awesome for the price..etc... I use to own a C4 & C5, and i was drooling for a C6, but the cheap price, looks, aftermarket, coolness factor lured me into getting an 06 GT. I would love to get another vette in the future, but its just not in my budget right now, but i still have many friends that die hard vette racer/tuners and can make them pretty darn quick. I think if you get a C6 you wont regret it!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I'm pretty close to a Z06 ..I should know in a day or 2 .
Only delay is 2 vintage ragtop mopars I came across to confuse the issue.

As for the XLR-V ....The vegas dealer wanted 85K w/an 80K opening bid...I was only saying IF they offered a car like that for 60K it would be a sweet car.

Meanwhile My ford dealer had a cancellation on a shelby order ...so it's in house but they won't switch it & sell to me for our agreed price. Which kinda blows.

Getting pretty frustrated w/delays & the way the GT500 seems to just trickle into the market. I know , Ford's an auto company hurting for sales so lets take a car people actually want to pay 40+K for & sell 2000 instead of 20,000.

BTW- Hire an aerospace CEO & pay him 20 Mil & layoff/buyout 75K employees ... instead :confused:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
roboz said:
Well I'm pretty close to a Z06 ..I should know in a day or 2 .
Only delay is 2 vintage ragtop mopars I came across to confuse the issue.

As for the XLR-V ....The vegas dealer wanted 85K w/an 80K opening bid...I was only saying IF they offered a car like that for 60K it would be a sweet car.

Meanwhile My ford dealer had a cancellation on a shelby order ...so it's in house but they won't switch it & sell to me for our agreed price. Which kinda blows.

Getting pretty frustrated w/delays & the way the GT500 seems to just trickle into the market. I know , Ford's an auto company hurting for sales so lets take a car people actually want to pay 40+K for & sell 2000 instead of 20,000.

BTW- Hire an aerospace CEO & pay him 20 Mil & layoff/buyout 75K employees ... instead :confused:
They should learn from the CEO of Cisco Systems, he took a pay cut so that they wont have to lay off a bunch of workers.. his salary is $1... i dont know about now, but it think Cisco is doing better than they were in 2002.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts