Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sin & Scoops....took the plunge ...got sick of waiting :surrender:...If I can handle the GT500 vert when ever they get around to actually getting me one perhaps I'll add a pony ..until then this is the new toy...New 2006 ...0 miles ...paid msrp ..71K (not the adjusted one) ...which is unreal considering the price went up almost 8k for 07 AND dealers are marking those up anywhere from 5-10K ...local dealer called me up after I did an internet edmunds search last week ..unreal ...just made the deal less than an hour ago..took a few cell pics...guess I'm outta the S-197 club until (if /when) the shelby comes through .... Peace

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
roboz said:
Sin & Scoops....took the plunge ...got sick of waiting :surrender:...If I can handle the GT500 vert when ever they get around to actually getting me one perhaps I'll add a pony ..until then this is the new toy...New 2006 ...0 miles ...paid msrp ..71K (not the adjusted one) ...which is unreal considering the price went up almost 8k for 07 AND dealers are marking those up anywhere from 5-10K ...local dealer called me up after I did an internet edmunds search last week ..unreal ...just made the deal less than an hour ago..took a few cell pics...guess I'm outta the S-197 club until (if /when) the shelby comes through .... Peace
AWESOME! you have bragging rights....one of the fastest car from the Big 3.. i'm JEALOUS! i miss my Vette :sadcry:... but i cant afford what you forked out even with that incredible deal. Did you keep your stang? i'm asuming you did if your saying your out of the S197 club.?? but when the conv shelby is out, i am sure it will have fun next to Z06 in the garage... Any mods?? to the vette? i would do cold air and tune first....:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

·
Registered
386 Posts
sincitystang said:
AWESOME! you have bragging rights....one of the fastest car from the Big 3.. i'm JEALOUS! i miss my Vette :sadcry:... but i cant afford what you forked out even with that incredible deal. Did you keep your stang? i'm asuming you did if your saying your out of the S197 club.?? but when the conv shelby is out, i am sure it will have fun next to Z06 in the garage... Any mods?? to the vette? i would do cold air and tune first....:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:
Hey sin..thanks dude ..nothing to be jealous about ..the stang is a sweet ride...my vert is gone..in fact it will be in a movie due out next year ...sort of like a new "Big Chill" ...Vette is staying Bone Stock ...the purchase wiped out my challenger sale proceeds...Hopefully I'll be able to swing the GT500 Vert...but I'm tired of waiting & all the BS ....plus you have people still paying 15K + over sticker which I think is total BS ...guess they haven't learned from the Ford GT ....This purchase it totally out of character for a guy bored w/shifting & wanting to open air motor ..BUT ...the Car is an amazing engineering feat & I can put 427 badges on the hood :D

I'll still be lurking ....PS- wonder how the Z06 would do with a blower :naughty

:cheers

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
There is a guy in the Vette world caled John Lingenfelter...check out his mods for that bad boy....BTW...compared to your blown 05, how is the Z06 in comparison?....I had a friend who has an 03 Z06 and he said the new Z06 made his car feel like a tricycle...what do you think?

·
Registered
386 Posts
sincitystang said:
There is a guy in the Vette world caled John Lingenfelter...check out his mods for that bad boy....BTW...compared to your blown 05, how is the Z06 in comparison?....I had a friend who has an 03 Z06 and he said the new Z06 made his car feel like a tricycle...what do you think?
Well Let me qualify this ...I drove the C-6 vert auto & it was a slug ..no contest compared to the stang..the stang would have beat it ten ways to sunday....tonight it was absolutely pouring ...no way I was going to test drive the car....based on the 71K price I bought it w/out driving it ...so I can't give you any comparison to my ex-sprchrged stang ...However to give you an idea on my impulsiveness , the CHEAPEST decent 2006 Z06 on ebay is this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150034238271
Dealer's reserve is 5K more for a used car than I paid for Mine which is Brand New (+ plus stickered higher ) & I may even get the 100K GM powertain warranty ...tomorrow I'll finish the paperwork by noon time & barring the wife rendering me unconsitious ...will give you a straight up comparison ...keep in mind ...my stang was no slouch...it had a few other tweaks I never mentioned but I have a feeling the vette will out perform it virtually All around....the rotors & calipers are massive !

PS- I know Lingenfelter makes some sick machines ...right now I feel it will stay stock...if for nothing else to have extra $$ on hand for the Shelby Vert

PSS - sin, since your one of the few vette fans here, I can also PM you so as not to offend anyone or mess with the integrity of the s-197 board

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I thought the 5/100K warranty is only for 07 cars? they should throw you in an aftermarket warranty if you dont qualify... Thats awesome ! congrats and have fun!

BTW, lingenfelter has a 800HP twin turbo kit for only $45K..haha.. about the price of a Shelby without markup... can you imagine? another 300HP on that bad boy!....

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Sin..Didn't want to post the pics here ...but will post the links ...Plate swap seemed to work out fine ( should have said 505 ponys ...LOL )

Dealer told me to take it easy for the first 500 miles so can't really beat on it .

So far ..few observations....The car is like a luxury car, suprisingly quiet (almost too quiet) & docile compared to my stang vert ...getting in & out is more of a pain...my stang would surely beat any stock vette ...this beast would probably take it in the 1/4 & obviously top end...Fit & Finish is fantastic . The blower gave the Stang motor much more sense of urgency ...The Z06 7.0 is very smooth...Finally ....I need the White , Blue Striped Shelby Vert ...parked along side .

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/1877f6310.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/187975210.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/187ac4420.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/187b00000.jpg

http://www.ozziesrobots.com/187c00000.jpg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thats a nice looking ride my friend... and thats cool your plates transfered over.. Very Very Cool!... are you going to introduce the new toy to the rest of the gang? Post the pics in the lounge? I'm sure alot of guys are gonna call you traitor..but i dont blame ya....thats an awesome car and i love the 7K redline!!(thanks to titanium connecting rods that weigh in at about 1lb each)..you wouldn't even know your driving a car with pushrods!

Yeah, my C5 was smooth compared to my C4....but i know the c6 is very very refined! its so quiet you dont even know how fast your going..unlike the stang, you can feel your going fast..

Keep me posted on any mods.. and kill stories..haha

21 - 28 of 28 Posts