Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got home. while driving on great seneca hwy i pulled up behind a lancer evo. he pulled away from me and stepped on as did i and i barely stayed with him. at the next light i pulled up and asked him what they came with stock and he said 276 HP. we pulled off again and waited for traffic to clear and i still couldnt gain on him. i shut it down about 80 mph (noon during traffic, cops) was he modded? i know he is lighter and AWD but i still got about 25 ponys on him. anybody got any answers.
(i am being a lot more cautious since high school too,last time i did a lot of racing, that might have something to do with it!)
05 GT Min. Gray, stock

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Maybe hes a better driver.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
better driver...possible but not likely. not trying to brag but i have raced before(high speed pursuits and have completed tacticle driving school as a cop)

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
That may be, but theres always someone better. Evo's are not slow cars. Hes making decent horsepower in a lighter car, and if hes a good driver and can exploit the car's strengths theres no reason why he couldnt pull off what he did.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The 05GT is also a low 13sec car.... so how do you figure an EVO (Stock) would do any better?

If I can hang with an sti, you should be able to hang with an EVO.

I'm betting he was modded, if only just a little.:drink:

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
EVO=really easy low 13`s , 05 Mustang= much skill to get low 13`s

The avg E.T for the 05 Mustang seems to be mid to high 13`s .

Now take them out on the street ,and the MUSTANG is dog meat!

·
Registered
72 Posts
EVO's are pretty quick cars. I have never rode in or drove one, but I have seen them on the tracks and streets. With just a few mods they kill stock Stangs unfortuneately. But if he can drive it, that makes it even quicker. A guy down the street from me has one, he can't drive at all, so I think I'll try and run him.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Okay, I really hate "NERD RACING," But here's just a simple google search on "1/4 mile times" result that should tell you about alot of things.

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

I know "published" results vary, but this shows my point. The cars are about even, stock, so it's a driver's race.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
That was point.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I happened to run a brand new one at the track last year. This was at Carlsbad before they closed and was notorious for being a slow track, especially on street tires. Anyway, this was the guy's first pass down the track with his brand new car, still had dealer plates on it. He ran a [email protected] as I recall. His mph is indicative of a car capable of running a bit quicker down the track with practice. I hit the rev limiter on that pass and lost :what: I ran a [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
The EVO's are very mod friendly, a simple TBE, manual boost controller, or ecu flash and they can make up that 25 less hp easily. From a 60mph roll on the freeway though you could probably take an Evo, they are pretty weak on the top end.

·
Registered
150 Posts
a stock mustang is not going to be able to stay with a AWD EVO.... sorry to say it... but its not oging to happen

you can burn um from a roll... but u wont have a chance from a dig....

·
Registered
34 Posts
you answered your own question...

since hes lighter he has a better power to weight ratio. AWD adds another aspect.

so he is not modded, my friend has a lightly modded evo and runs low 11's, so if he was modded, than he would have beat you by alot more than he did.

The 05GT is also a low 13sec car.... so how do you figure an EVO (Stock) would do any better?

If I can hang with an sti, you should be able to hang with an EVO.

I'm betting he was modded, if only just a little.:drink:
and an STi is even faster... so i seriously doubt you can hang with an STi, unless they werent racing.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
ForceFedIntegra said:
you answered your own question...

since hes lighter he has a better power to weight ratio. AWD adds another aspect.
so he is not modded, my friend has a lightly modded evo and runs low 11's, so if he was modded, than he would have beat you by alot more than he did.

and an STi is even faster... so i seriously doubt you can hang with an STi, unless they werent racing.
Allright, this is getting deep, and I have to put on my hip waders......

AWD add ONLY on take off traction, and cornering traction. AWD does not, in itself make a fast car (in a straight line anyway.) It helps launch time b/c it's VERY difficult to "sit 'n' spin" on take off. This makes the 0-60 much better. After that, the STi is still a 13second car(low), so is the EVO(mid), SO IS THE 05GT (mid again).

There is no way that your buddies EVO is only lightly modded and pulling 11's. He has more than he's telling you about. Extra boost, whatever... They are a mid 13 second car!!!! This is a FACT. Mitsubishi will back that up themselves.

STi's ARE faster!!!!! Yes, I know. Have you EVER seen an IMPORT driver that didn't try to prove his superiority??????? Please.... I didn't run him from a stop, he pulled up next to me at around 40mph and gunned it, so did I, and yes, my stock GT hung right with him. The STi's strength is from 0-60, the GT is quick there, but not as much. From 40mph though, that's another story, that's about where the powerband for the GT kicks in. Also, the 1/4 mile is just edged slightly toward the STi, so if you're a better driver than him, you will have a chance. That's not saying that many, or most 05GT's won't get served up on a platter, though.

I'm not doubting that the EVO is fast. I'm saying that the EVO is a driver's race for the 05 GT. If you doubt that, than you probably have not driven an 05GT and are basing your opinion from previous year's Mustangs.

Keep in mind the 05GT's performance matches (the 03 Mach 1), or beats all but the Superchaged Cobras (01,03,04). It's faster than the 95 Cobra R.
It does this in a HEAVIER body than the "beloved" Fox body. I do love the Fox body, by the way. It certainly has a better ride, and driving experience than previous models. It corners better. I feel like it stops better.
In other words, some are not giving the 05 a fair shake. This Mustang is by far one of the best designs put on the road with a pony on the front grille, ever.

I hate "nerd racing" but the numbers on average, PLAIN AS DAY, back this up. Don't just take my link I provided earlier. Do some "google" research.
Get your facts straight. Check all the car magazines. If you find results to counter my claims, post them. I'll admit being wrong, if I am. All of this "I think this or that.." is just opinion, and everybody has an _____ as well.

05GTCB, Cops are good "tactical" drivers, but then there are people who streetrace Every night..... I think they will have the upper hand in a simple drag race... I stick by him having mods, but from a stop he's quicker in the short run than you.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
95MGTS said:
I happened to run a brand new one at the track last year. This was at Carlsbad before they closed and was notorious for being a slow track, especially on street tires. Anyway, this was the guy's first pass down the track with his brand new car, still had dealer plates on it. He ran a [email protected] as I recall. His mph is indicative of a car capable of running a bit quicker down the track with practice. I hit the rev limiter on that pass and lost :what: I ran a [email protected]
By his own times and experience, a DRIVER'S RACE.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok... my friend is lying about the mods he has on his evo... i seriously doubt that, since i work on it all the time with him. he pulls easy low 11s.

AWD does improve your 1/4 mile time, while the AWD STi get traction immediatley, your still back at the start line spinning your tires.

and im going to explain this to you 1 more time only jeb... what you may read in a magazine isnt always true. you should go to the track more often.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You need to get a few more years behind the wheel.

If you can't listen, you can't learn.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hah! thats pretty funny that you think so...

because ive been behind the wheel and under the hood for 6 years. taking apart engines, putting them back together, learning things, understanding every aspect of an engine. i tought myself... and i eventually doubled my car's horsepower. pretty soon im going to more than triple it when i get up to 21 PSI.

can you do that?? i diddnt think so.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
what you may read in a magazine isnt always true. you should go to the track more often.[/QUOTE said:
I know car magazine`s are in the business of Lying and Misleading the consumer !
But hush dont say that to loud, thay go out of business for their lies!

Get with it dude, Magazine`s like MM&FF are going to test a new mustang or anyother mustang , and print false numbers !
Good thing we have such a brilliant know it all ,such as your self, to tell us that we are reading LIE after LIE for all these years !
You are wise beyond your 21 years, working on cars for 6 years ,and knowing what you know about Mustangs and magazine companys.
And 6 years to know ,all and everything about cars is genis in its self!
You are a very SPECIAL and smart Troll , were so glad to have you here!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.