Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so these are some up close pictures of my front tires. When doing a check on my tire pressure, I noticed an entire chunk of rubber missing on the rubber scuff guard.

Upon closer inspection I saw little cracks everywhere, and on the driver side, the crack is all along the sidewall/ tread border and is pretty decently sized. I did buy these things for like 30 bucks a pop. Which seems a little scary considering I'm a *cough* spirited driver. I rally this thing through corners and multiple roundabouts everyday.

My question is, is this a legit problem, and is this good excuse for me to go get some fatter rubber?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ya, you need new tires. you could also check the dot number to see just how old they really are, but when theres dry rot on the sidewalls, they need to go. i wouldnt be driving spirited on those :nono:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Okay so these are some up close pictures of my front tires. When doing a check on my tire pressure, I noticed an entire chunk of rubber missing on the rubber scuff guard.

Upon closer inspection I saw little cracks everywhere, and on the driver side, the crack is all along the sidewall/ tread border and is pretty decently sized. I did buy these things for like 30 bucks a pop. Which seems a little scary considering I'm a *cough* spirited driver. I rally this thing through corners and multiple roundabouts everyday.

My question is, is this a legit problem, and is this good excuse for me to go get some fatter rubber?
looks dry rot.. next time use some tire spray/cleaner it keeps it moistish and i'd say that huge crack =not good at all

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, you need new tires. you could also check the dot number to see just how old they really are, but when theres dry rot on the sidewalls, they need to go. i wouldnt be driving spirited on those :nono:
Yeah good point. I'm thinking I'll change them at least for peace of mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts