Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im getting BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers, and a BBK Off Road Shorty H pipe.. with MIL Eliminators... is this all that I need to have to redo that part of my exhaust ? I already have Flowmaster catback, which came on the car when I bought it... would that be a problem ?
Also, if anyone has detailed directions on how to change my headers/midpipe it would be a great help ! :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
get your car lifted pretty good. it took me 9 hours with my dad with only the jack holding the front end up to do the mid. theres a bolt connection to the headers on the passenger side connecting the headers to the mid pipe thats going to be really hard to get to. you need a swivel with a 3/8s drive to get it(deep socket). make sure you have plenty of basic tools. cuz i had to go out and by a special tool to get that bolt . it was like 1 1/2 feet long and bent in 3 places just to get that bolt. umm WD 40 is your friend. watch out for bolt breaker. have a voltometer ready for the MIL's . deep sockets again. all this in referance to my o/r pipe mod. it was my first time though. the passenger side mid/header connection also has a gasket in it . the drives side does not. thats normal so dont panic :) :) :) :): )

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you have access to a torch heat the nuts up and they will come right off if you have problems.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Yeah as far as parts you have what you'll need. I would get some PB Blaster as well, much better than wd40 for breaking bolts loose. If you're installing these yourself, plan on a weekend, the easiest way is to drop the k member. I recommend investing in a 3/8 impact swivel, its great for the hard to get bolts. You want to have a good set of tools to do this, its not an easy job, and will involve much colorful language if you've never done it. Use the search feature on here, its here for a reason, as this has been discussed to death, it gets asked at least once a week, and nobody does a search for answers, they just seem to post a new thread like nobody ever asked the same question. Patience and good tools are the key to doing this install.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
oh and unplug your battery too. your starter is right next to the passenger side header/midpipe connection and you could see a shower of sparks if you give it a good whack.

·
Registered
446 Posts
and try to get the car as high as possible in the air it was easier for me when so you can get to the passenger side bolt which is hard to get

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im doing it in a garage with a hydrolic lift.. and an experienced mechanic will be there with me, and he has endless supply of tools, so I should be fine... its just I think he is expecting me to do most of the work by myself.. ill be ordering it in like a week or so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.