Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the part number or what i should be asking for when i go to buy a new gasket for the passanger side when replacing my h pipe with an x pipe. I want to just replace it when changing it so it definetly doesnt leak. I read somewhere on here that it was only like $10 but when i went to the dealership they tried to sell me something that was $65. They said it was two gaskets on each side. Or can i buy this from somewheres else like autozone or is it a ford only part? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe you are talking about exhaust manifold gasket set. You can get it at autozone for 15.99 or advance auto parts for 7.99. if you already have a leak espicially on the passenger side, i doubt this gasket set is going to help you any. I believe these years mustangs have a bad rep of leaking exhaust manifolds.

G

·
you know, its funny you posted this thread because i was just going to post one just like it a few days ago. i dont remember the name of the site that i got my header gaskets off of but the were like 20 bucks or something shipped ground

·
Registered
461 Posts
For a midpipe swap this is all you'll need. About $12-$15 from te dealer, and, I would stick with the OEM.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
any one notice the date of the original post? 8-22-05.....:eyepoppin

but for the record, its a part you can get at ford and its like $10 or so, and yes, stick with ford.

EDIT: here is a link if any of you are interested....
i need a gasket!! - Modular Depot Forums

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too, but when you look at the lower part of his avatar it say 06:11 PM 04-19-07 :dunno:.

X 1000 Randy is the man!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Yeah, I saw that too, but when you look at the lower part of his avatar it say 06:11 PM 04-19-07 :dunno:.
hahahaha, yeah i saw that too. that just notes the last time he logged on tho

X 1000 Randy is the man!
couldnt agree more on that.:rockwoot:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well,I'm glad somebody dug it up-I need the same thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.