Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im planing on changing the exhaust on my 97 V8, i been looking at dynomax and thrush welded exhaust cause flowmaster are kinda hard to find where i live which one will give me more hp and better sound?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Just do a youtube search for sound. Everybody likes different stuff, so it's gonna be up to you on that one. And don't worry about hp gains with any muffler, it won't be enough to actually notice a difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply im gonna go with the thrush welded. I got another should i get them 2 1/4 or 2 1/2? which one its better?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Whichever one you get a better price on, if that's a factor. The factory exhaust size is 2 1/4", but if you get the 2 1/2" mufflers then the shop doing the work can just use a couple of adapters to make it work, so it's really no big deal either way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help i bought the thrush welded mufflers 2 1/4 they didnt had the other ones on stock tomorow im gonna take it to the shop to get them installed hopefully i will be posting a exhaust video clip on youtube

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got another question might be obvious but which one will perform better actual motorcraft plugs or NGK plugs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts