Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 2002 automatic V6 Mustang with stock exhaust, I just want to make it sound better or louder...which exhaust pipes should I install, I've heard about the cat or magnaflow or something like that, anything I need before that or that I should watch out for? and how much would it be?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Boki01 said:
Hi, I just bought a 2002 automatic V6 Mustang with stock exhaust, I just want to make it sound better or louder...which exhaust pipes should I install, I've heard about the cat or magnaflow or something like that, anything I need before that or that I should watch out for? and how much would it be?

thanks a lot
The cats don't impede flow. Don't go over 2.25" unless you plan on adding boost of some kind.

Other than that look for clips, and check out the archives. We get at least 2 exhaust questions a week, so everything's already there . ..

·
Registered
87 Posts
I suggest getting a custom job done at a local muffler shop. I also suggest Flowmasters 40 Series mufflers. At a muffler shop, you'll save money, time, and you'll get a sure fit of all your pipes, since they costomly bend them. I only paid $340 for my dual exhaust system. Thats cheapier than any system you'll find on the internet!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
But one thing you should know, no matter what type you get, the best sound won't be achieved instantly. It usually takes a few weeks for everything to break in. I've had my true dual exhaust system for a little over a month now, and i think the sound has just now truly woken up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.