1) Bassani makes an H Pipe with cats, good quality, but it's pricey. There's multiple catted X Pipes though.Hey guys. So I've been reading around for a while and looking at different options and things for a new exhaust setup for the summer. I've decided I want a new mid-pipe and exhaust, but I have a bunch of questions:
1) I live in Mass and need to have cats (sadly :so). Is there an h-pipe that will fit the stock manifold that has cats? (I can't find one!)
2) With the cats, the setup won't be as loud, right? How can I get that back? I know SLP LM 1's and Flowmasters are used a lot but are there any other ways? (remember I live in Mass so it needs to pass inspection)
3) Do I REALLY need headers? I was thinking LT, but they're so expensive and with the install, my wallet would be crushed.
I guess I'm asking for a general idea of what some people would do if they were in my situation? Any help, links, etc would be appreciated.
2) LM1's are about the loudest you're going to get. They happen to sound good with cats. Although I think they sound like crap with off-road X pipes.
3) No, you don't need headers. There's very little gain (7-10hp) from headers. For the price and hassle of installing them, or the average $400 labor rate to install them, you can spend that money elsewhere and make a lot more horsepower for your $1000 or so.
I would personally buy an X with cats, and the Magnaflow catback, and call it done.