Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused over these exhaust lables I need an addaptor that will go into my 2.5 inch muffler and also inside my 3 inch tailpipes but I am getting confised with all this id od stuff... also I bought a set of flowmaster 3 inch tailpipes and to put them on with an addaptor I will need to cut off about 2 inches from the pipe which will leave me with about only 1 inch of straight 3 inch pipe before it bends... I dont know if that will be enough to get them on the car securely. Any ideas on how to do this?? Help would e appreciated If anyone knows of any metal block that will go from 2.5 to 3 inch (which i doubt they make) that would be perfect. also I found this addaptor on summit Dynomax Performance 41973 - Walker Exhaust Pipe Reducers - Overview - SummitRacing.com can anyone let me know if this will go in my 2.5 inch muffler and in my 3 inch exhaust because ive already bought the wrong addaptors...

·
Registered
56 Posts
adapters usually go inside one pipe and over another. you need a 2 1/2 inch inside diameter (i.d) to a 3 inch outside diameter (o/d) side what this means is 2 1/2 i.d. will fit into your exhaust and 3" o.d will fit over your 3" pipe. there are readily available at hardware stores. good luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Tubing which is what exhaust is is measure OD (outside diameter) and piping which is thicker is measured ID (inside diameter).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts