Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has an exhaust leak, I had the gasket replaced w/ a gasket kit, but the leak does not stop. It appears to be coming from under the intake manifold or near it on the right side. Can I still remedy this without changing into a new one? I figured it might have a crack that cause such leaks. Any insights please? If replacement is needed where can I possibly find budget-friendly exhaust manifolds?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Inspect the air injection tube at the back of your engine, they have a tendency to rust out. With the nature of your problem I suggest you find a replacement for the manifold.
you can find one on Ford Auto Parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
MY mustang

Ok I know very little about cars..but I have a 2000 Mustang 6cyl. (dont know anything else). It has been idleing harder it seems like, and when I drive/ or even just start my car I can hear a tick I guess you'd call it. Also my gas mileage has been HORRIBLE lately. I don't know if these problems are all related or a product of me not knowing my vehicle. but I was told that I have an exhaust leak. Is this a bad thing? I'm worried its goin to be some horrible expense to fix and I can't do that right now. Anyways any insight that you can offer I would really appreciate. Thanks

Sorry about the spelling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts