Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at these 3 axle backs. Which one is louder over stock? I've listened to a crap load of youtube videos but I can't tell.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I like the GTAs. you can see by my sig what I have. I get a lot of comments on how great it sounds. They have been on over a year and sound a little louder then when I put them on.
If you want obnoxiously loud then the Loud Mouths are what you want. They might not be to bad if you have a stock exhaust system. Oh yea the GTAs don't have a drone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at these 3 axle backs. Which one is louder over stock? I've listened to a crap load of youtube videos but I can't tell.
They are all going to be louder than stock. I would think in terms of quietest to loudest it would be:

FRPP GTA(same muffler as on gt500 i believe)
Flowmaster American Thunder
SLP LM

I have the flowmasters and love the sound....louder, deeper, and throatier than stock. I have close to no drone at all. Some will argue that everyone and their mother has these on their car, but I like the sound so thats all that i care about.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just don't want to put new mufflers on to find out they are not much louder than stock. What would be the point?

·
Registered
922 Posts
The GTA's are actually stock on the Shelby GT, not the GT500. I've had the GTA's on for about a month. They are a little louder but are deeper and throatier sounding. I'll give them time though and I'm sure they'll be louder like all our resident experts say. :hihi:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I love the Gta`s ninosport.com best price.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would it be a good idea to get the GTA's and the FRPP X-pipe to go along with it?

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
The X pipe give you a rasper sound then the H pipe. I prefer the H. Not quite as much HP but I like the sound. If I want more hp I would put on a blower.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah don't want raspy. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'm going to go with the Flowmaster for a little louder sound than the GTA's.

G

·
I think I'm going to go with the Flowmaster for a little louder sound than the GTA's.
I ran with Flowmaster ATs for the 1st year... they are definitely louder (and deeper) than stock, and a bit louder if you have a CAI.. but not obnoxiously loud. Just swapped these out for MAC Boomtubes (wanted more volume)... here's my thread and video clips of the Boomtubes. If you decide on Flows (Kit #17410), I've got a brand new set still in it's factory packaging. PM me if interested.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/114281-2006-mustang-gt-installed-boomtube.html

·
Registered
118 Posts
The stock mufflers on the GT are the same ones on the GT500.I read it on one of the threads.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh really? Ok glad i got that straight now lol..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.