Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am having a hard time making decision on exhaust; am curious as to what others have done. Let me say, I dont race my car... I have it for looks and fun. But I do want a bit more rumble. The guy @ muffler shop said no to duals b/c the bumper is cut out for one pipe. He suggested a single "magnaflow".... ???
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
SOPHIE said:
Am having a hard time making decision on exhaust; am curious as to what others have done. Let me say, I dont race my car... I have it for looks and fun. But I do want a bit more rumble. The guy @ muffler shop said no to duals b/c the bumper is cut out for one pipe. He suggested a single "magnaflow".... ???
you can go to a body shop, and/or cutout a two holes yourself. (you'll have to cut the "bezel" on the hole that's already there.)

Or you can use a single.

The most cost effective is a GT takeoff system with an adapter . ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
SOPHIE said:
Am having a hard time making decision on exhaust; am curious as to what others have done. Let me say, I dont race my car... I have it for looks and fun. But I do want a bit more rumble. The guy @ muffler shop said no to duals b/c the bumper is cut out for one pipe. He suggested a single "magnaflow".... ???
I've got the Magaflow Single and it sounds and looks great! I've ridden in V6's with the dual GT take-off and IMHO (and others) the Magnaflow sounds better. It was a little more expensive but I to me it was worth it... 100% Stainless with 3.5 inch tip and I like the look... Magnaflow has sound clips on their site

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=American&id=948
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
SOPHIE said:
Am having a hard time making decision on exhaust; am curious as to what others have done. Let me say, I dont race my car... I have it for looks and fun. But I do want a bit more rumble. The guy @ muffler shop said no to duals b/c the bumper is cut out for one pipe. He suggested a single "magnaflow".... ???
just keep in mind that from what i've heard, the 05 magnaflows sound significantly different from other brands like flowmaster. do you like the rumble, or do you like more of a high pitched, steady, importish sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Even with just the V6, a single isn't going to get you the same kind of rumble as a dual. Be it true, H, X, Y, etc etc etc, dual is going to have more rumble.

Its kind of like a boombox. You have two speakers with FM stereo, you're going to get better sound than a handheld radio with FM mono and one speaker. (does that make sense?:doh: )

Also, for duals, you can either cut the bumper yourself, of just have the muffler shop reroute the tips to pop out just under the bumper. It looks fine.

(EDIT) You can't do that...I forget that there is already a bezel on the v6... my bad... :rolleyes:
(double edit) I suppose you could order a painted GT bumper :gringreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
mac_mogul said:
Even with just the V6, a single isn't going to get you the same kind of rumble as a dual. Be it true, H, X, Y, etc etc etc, dual is going to have more rumble.

Its kind of like a boombox. You have two speakers with FM stereo, you're going to get better sound than a handheld radio with FM mono and one speaker. (does that make sense?:doh: )

Also, for duals, you can either cut the bumper yourself, of just have the muffler shop reroute the tips to pop out just under the bumper. It looks fine.

(EDIT) You can't do that...I forget that there is already a bezel on the v6... my bad... :rolleyes:
(double edit) I suppose you could order a painted GT bumper :gringreen
Actually I'm not sure the boombox analogy works here... 2 crappy speakers don't alwasy sound better than 1 good one... LOL!

I was at Alternative Auto the other day... A dealer brought down one of his V6's that they had put the dual GT take off on... we all agreed... My single Magnaflow definitely sounded better... but again... it's all subjective...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Okay... I'll rephrase that...

Lets assume your boombox looks like this


and your handheld looks like this


Lol, the two speakers are definitely going to sound better :p:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
fishingjts said:
Actually I'm not sure the boombox analogy works here... 2 crappy speakers don't alwasy sound better than 1 good one... LOL!

I was at Alternative Auto the other day... A dealer brought down one of his V6's that they had put the dual GT take off on... we all agreed... My single Magnaflow definitely sounded better... but again... it's all subjective...
yeah, but the mufflers were probably OEM.

If you use a GT takeoff and swap out the mufflers, you get cheap, long lasting OEM fitting pipes, and you can tune the sound later with custom mufflers. . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i prefer a deep rumble.... not the high pitched sound. magnaflow single?
Beyond said:
just keep in mind that from what i've heard, the 05 magnaflows sound significantly different from other brands like flowmaster. do you like the rumble, or do you like more of a high pitched, steady, importish sound?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top