Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done quite a few searches and never really got a good answer. I am doing the exhaust on my 09 gt and doing the X-pipe but probably going with cats ... Do I still need a tune to turn off my o2 sensors on the rear side of the cats? Everything I read is hit or miss... Cause if I do.. I might skip the cats and get the tune as money is tight hehe. Any sudgestions or help would be great.. I got a Diablo tuner too so if you got a tune to turn them off lets me know! :bigthumbsup

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Ive done quite a few searches and never really got a good answer. I am doing the exhaust on my 09 gt and doing the X-pipe but probably going with cats ... Do I still need a tune to turn off my o2 sensors on the rear side of the cats? Everything I read is hit or miss... Cause if I do.. I might skip the cats and get the tune as money is tight hehe. Any sudgestions or help would be great.. I got a Diablo tuner too so if you got a tune to turn them off lets me know! :bigthumbsup
You might... Depends on how fast the cats flow. If too fast, they'll still trip a P0420/P0430 catalyst efficiency code. Best thing to do would be install them and see if you get any DTCs. If so, then disable the rear O2s.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have LT kook headers high flow cats x pipe and magna flow mufflers. I was getting the dtc codes p0430 repeatedly. I kept on resetting them. I installed cmvc delete plates had the car tuned and haven't had a code since 02s front and rear are turned on.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I think for the money you will get more out of the car with a tune then the X pipe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have the box air raid tune installed already... Just not a custom one.. which is basically what I am looking at with the o2 seonsors.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I have LT kook headers high flow cats x pipe and magna flow mufflers. I was getting the dtc codes p0430 repeatedly. I kept on resetting them. I installed cmvc delete plates had the car tuned and haven't had a code since 02s front and rear are turned on.
That's odd... I would have expected the CMCV plates to make it worse, not better. :scratchchin

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I do have the box air raid tune installed already... Just not a custom one.. which is basically what I am looking at with the o2 seonsors.
Give Chris at Tillmans a call on tuesday. He can hook you up with what you need. :bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.