1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
That catted x-pipe is only for the BBK long tube headers.

And the borla is an axle-back so it won't come with anything but the mufflers and tips.

Cat-backs are from the cats back, so no cats come with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i'd just say go with the axle backs unless you're planning on building a drag car. if you want to race, i'd put any extra money that the cat back wouldve been into headers and shorty catted mid pipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I knew the X-pipe could only mount to the BBK headers. Once I get back state side I'll have the headers on order, wasn't sure about getting the catted X-pipe, or not, but I think I'll go headers, x-pipe and ATAK axle backs now.

I'll have to look around for anyone else that has this setup before I do it though. Thanks for the quick responses also!

·
Registered
150 Posts
ok if you go headers just get the matching mid pipe and as long as its the same tubing size as the stock cat back, it shouldn't be a problem. If you get a 3in mid pipe and have 2.5in (i think) stock cat back, then you'd want to upgrade. if you get the same size, then just get the axle backs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, thanks. I'll just go with the 2.5" X-pipe that I linked, should fit perfectly to the stock cat back in which case I'll buy the ATAK axle backs! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
stock catback piping is 2.25in and has some areas where its squished even smaller for some reason.. i went with the catback ataks and i've very happy with them. no plans for headers or x-pipe here though, but mine is a daily driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts