Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 1974 Mustang II 5.0 has no exhaust and I am going to put a dual exhaust on with long tube headers with h pipe, 2.5in straight pipes and cherry bomb mufflers. I am going to have the exhaust stop at the rear tires so I don't have to go over the axle and have to move my gas tank. So my question is do I use all the same size stuff 2.5in that's were I am getting confused. Like my muffler inlet 2.5in and outlet 2.5in exhaust tube 2.5in header reducers 3in collector to 2.5in outlet. I am most likely going to weld a lot of this stuff on.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think u should run shorty headers rather than long tube since MII's sit low and the 2.5 headers i have the same setup (shorties) but i have 1 chamber flowmasters (im swithing to cherry bomb turbo soon tho) runs like a champ and sounds real good u should be able to use the same size stuff i used stock size they jus cut my exhaust and added pipe and made it a straight pipe with turn downs at the read axle

·
Registered
7 Posts
i sed street rod block hugger headers, and i made all my pipes, ran duals out the back without moving fuel tank. i dropped left side pipe below fuel tank then sloped it up to exit at the rear of the car then wrapped it with exhaust. looks and souds great, took time to build but well worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts