Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 GT and have Flowmaster 40's installed. After listening to a brother in laws, mine sounds like a v-6. How can I make mine sound very deep and sound as loud as his 05?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have an 02 gt.... and i started off with just 40 series flows like you......how ever my need to piss people off got the best of me... and i put an off road X pipe on it. all i can say is there is not much louder than mine. and it sure as hell dont sound like no 6 banger, and i do have stock manifolds and no cat back system.....just an x-pipe.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Throw away those Chokemasters and buy an x-pipe and an SLP Loudmouth catback. You'll put your friends 05 to shame.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you can get away with it, the REAL sound comes with an off-road x or h pipe.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have a 02 GT with 40 series flowmaster cat back and a bbk offroad xpipe, PM me and i can send you a exhaust clip of my car.

sounds sick i got a couple one of me driving off and one of reving.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dude -- before you go spend money on something else, check what you've got. I have an 02 with Flowmaster Super 40s welded in and I get lots of complements on the tone. Sure, it's not "arrest me loud" but it doesn't sound like any 6 cylinder, either. IMHO it sounds better than any stock 2005 I've heard. Maybe your brother in law has a aftermarket exhaust? The 05s sound REALLY good with a good set of pipes.

Just a guess but maybe you've got something else going on? Bent pipes, bad muffler, restricted intake...?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a MAC ProChamber with the cats, and Flowmaster original 40's welded in on the stock 2.25" pipes. It's not loud and it doesn't rumble at an annoying level (yet) but it does sound nice still, especially driving away from people. The reason the 05 GT sounds louder is cause it came with 2.5" piping already. Muscle Mustang's and Fast Fords are doing a 3 part exhaust section on it as we speak and they say why it sounds louder even at stock level, the piping makes a difference. I'm saving up some dough to be able to lose my exhaust and get a 2.5" original 40's Flowmasters again, some off road pipes for my prochamber, and some JBA shorties with a K&N intake...
Flowmaster might not make the "loudest" exhaust note, but it definitely makes the best and lowest tone in my opinion...there's nothing like a Flowmaster sound, I don't personally like the loud exhaust's, or the one's that pop too much, I love the low and full tone exhaust sounds, the one's that make your ears ring and fill up with sound, and make windows rattle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Langod!!!

I like what you said about my flows!! Thanks! Maybe I am not hearing what others are hearing from the outside of my car. I only have flow super 40's. I am just curious on what other people hear as my car drives by.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
slp i think really has no place on a ford mustang ... maybe on a F-body. Like i said with my offroad xpipe and flowmaster 40 series, i havent heard anything louder than mine, except cars running open headers =), but you know i am talking aobut daily driver stuff. My friend has a stock 01 SS Camaro and he does not rev at me because of the shame, his car sounds good at idel has a smooth mellow rumble, but when he gives it gas you hear the engine wine which doesnt sound as intimidating as i thought it would.

when i rev mine to 4+ it is very loud, i dont know if you have a instant messenger service, send me a private messege with your screen name and i can send you a few vids, of me Reving, Driving By, In car, and a burnout .. so you hear what it sounds like underload in one spot.

Anyhow let me know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.