Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the exhaust called when you dont need to do welding? its just bolting things on. aswell as what is the exhaust i should buy? i recently was looking at pypes axlebacks, but i really dont know what im doing. what should i buy that i can do my self without welding?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
yes the old ones will un bolt and un clamp

the new ones will bolt onj and clamp back

may take u an hour to do :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
After axle muffler systems

If you have access to a floor jack and two jack stands, it should be pretty easy.Just jack up the car under your rear differential,put your jack stands under both sides of the car to support it.

With the kit, you'll get the mufflers,pipe clamps, bolts, instructions for a true bolt on.As far as which kit to get, check out different websites, they should have video clips.

If you like the Pypes,check out there website www.pypesexhaust.com. even give them a call with any questions.Their tech line is: 215-712-9982

Good luck!!:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
If you have access to a floor jack and two jack stands, it should be pretty easy.Just jack up the car under your rear differential,put your jack stands under both sides of the car to support it.

With the kit, you'll get the mufflers,pipe clamps, bolts, instructions for a true bolt on.As far as which kit to get, check out different websites, they should have video clips.

If you like the Pypes,check out there website www.pypesexhaust.com. even give them a call with any questions.Their tech line is: 215-712-9982

Good luck!!:bigthumbsup

DO NOT PLACE JACK UNDER REAR DIFF!!!!!!

do one side at a time.

check above site or american muscle

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think ill just have it professionaly done haha, h.e my dads friend who works on vic's has a full car jack thing that brings it like 10 feeet in the air, i bet he will help me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
DO NOT PLACE JACK UNDER REAR DIFF!!!!!!

do one side at a time.

check above site or american muscle
Why not? I did that when i put an exhaust on my 07 v6 nothing failed?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
balance first...dangerous... second, weight transfer, 3rd you could damage the soft aluminum covering.

do it safe do it right one side at a time

·
Registered
781 Posts
balance first...dangerous... second, weight transfer, 3rd you could damage the soft aluminum covering.

do it safe do it right one side at a time
Balance? even with a big floor jack? Hum maybe im talking about a different place cause there wasnt anything soft about the rear axel

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
lol im just saying :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree with 05Horse, Don't jack on the differential.

·
Registered
781 Posts
lol im just saying :p
Lol im not saying ur not right lol IM just saying I did it lol. Im sure u know what ur talking about, and im even more sure I dont :hihi:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
You dont need to jack it up if your doing a axleback system. I did mine and had plenty of room. Also StevenG93 you dont need to have anyone else install them. They go on really easy and only need basic tools. You get a nice warm fuzzy feeling after doing the mod yourself. Go out and look under the car and see where the mufflers bolt on. AFter you see how accessable it is you might think that you can do this yoourself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I literally just did my axle back today and it wasn't to bad. Took me about 1.5hrs or so as Im a big guy and its hard to get under there hehe. I used the jack that comes with the car.. Jacked up one side buy the suspension arm ( on the solid frame part ) and had axel stands place underneath by the wheel and suspension. The car is just one year old but man it was dirty and under there hehe. Over all wasnt to hard .. some of the hanger bolts were hard to get at but putting on anything after dealing with the factory mufflers is simple... literrally most of my time was spent working around those monster mufflers lol.. The stingers went on really easy and simple and I got the alignment pretty much first crack. No leaks so far and will check after a week of driving and re tightening everything to be safe. The new exhaust vibrates a little but thats cause it rumbles nice!!! No noise nothing hittin and just sounds great... :happyhapp

PS: I have never worked on a car a day in my life till today so.. If i can do it .. im sure anyone can haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.