Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to use the search function and youtube but im simply not finding many results for what I'm looking for. I just purchased BBK Longtubes with an O/R X pipe and am in need of some axle-backs..... I was looking at pypes violators for the price but I am trying to cut down on some of the rasp associated with the X pipe and from what i have heard, some of the videos sound amazing and others sound like the violators give somewhat of a tin type sound... kind of makes the tone too high pitched but I can't tell if it's the camera or the muffler.

Does anyone have Long tubes and an O/R X pipe that can offer their suggestion for a good sounding axleback?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't get pypes, I hate them personally. I would recommend stingers or maybe bassani axlebacks but you say you're looking for a bit cheaper prices. How loud do you want it?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't get pypes, I hate them personally. I would recommend stingers or maybe bassani axlebacks but you say you're looking for a bit cheaper prices. How loud do you want it?
I like loud but not completely ridiculous. For example, I would not consider SLP Loudmouths or other muffler delete options because essentially I'd be almost running straight headers.

As for the price range, if I need to spend the big money to get a good sound, I'm willing to do so but $700 is a bit much for axlebacks :nono:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I would suggest a mid-muffler setup. I've heard quite a few and they all sound very good. I know some people down on Pypes, but the M80s do sound pretty good IMO.

Sent from the "Angry 6er" via Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I would suggest a mid-muffler setup. I've heard quite a few and they all sound very good. I know some people down on Pypes, but the M80s do sound pretty good IMO.

Is that where they mount the mufflers before the axle? If so I gotta imagine that creates some serious cabin drone, worse than axle-backs, since the mufflers will resonate right into the floor boards as opposed to the trunk area.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is that where they mount the mufflers before the axle? If so I gotta imagine that creates some serious cabin drone, worse than axle-backs, since the mufflers will resonate right into the floor boards as opposed to the trunk area.
Well I can't comment on drone. I can say they sound good, and I believe the reviews I've read didn't say anything about drone. I think with the right setup you can eliminate any drone, you just gotta figure it out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the pype bomb super system (M80 mid mufflers with pype bomb tips) and really like it. The drone isn't bad at all and I do a lot of highway driving right around 2500RPMs.

Not sure if this setup would be too loud w/ an OR X-pipe but I really do like it. Installation was a ***** but whatever, the price was right.

·
Registered
406 Posts

I'm running mid mounted SLP LM2's with MAC Boom Tube axle backs with a Bassani O/R X pipe and FRPP shorty headers. There's a little drone between 1800-2000 with the mid mufflers but it's not bad.

It's a little raspy and does have an annoying BRRRRRAAAAPPPPP when you get on it between 2500-3500 .. After that it screams.

Mooreville_7.50.mp4 - YouTube

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts