Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at a 13 or 14 mustang. I'm hoping to get a V8. But depending on what I like more I might go for the V6. It's not a for sure thing of what engine I'm getting. Unless it comes with an aftermarket market exhaust that I do like. I will be putting a new setup on. I have looked at the Borla S-type and the Borla Atak. Both sound cool. But of what I can find of YouTube they don't offer the sound I'm looking for. I would mainly be doing the exhaust for the sound. But it would be nice to get better MPG and HP out of it as well. I'm wanting to leave the stock cat on but thinking of doing everything south of the headers. I'm looking to get a deep rumble when stopped and sound mean and aggressive when accelerating. But I don't want the exhaust to drone while sitting at a light or while driving a long distance. If it helps I'm looking at putting either the BBK or the Roush cold air intake in as well. What setup up would be best for what I'm looking for? And what is the price rangethat I would be looking at?

Registered
Borla & Corsa come to mind and then again a lot has to do on whether you change out the H-Pipe to an X-Pipe. I've had Borla, MagnaFlow, FRPP and eventually settled on the Roush Extreme Performance Cat-Back Exhaust. A lot will rest with what YOU think sounds best.

Registered
IMHO the louder either of these engines sound the crappier they sound. I have Borla Touring on my V6 with Short tube headers and a FRPP X-Pipe, it sound great for a V6. I had A Roush Set up on my 6.2L F150 that it came with and I nicknamed it Drone-Master it has a Borla Touring on it now also. I also get comments on how good it sounds.
Buy exhaust for MPG and your fooling yourself, not happening if anything it goes down.

Registered
the biggest difference in sound is V8 vs V6, so if the sound is important to you I'd suggest that you listen to some sound clips before deciding on that

Registered
Either model are going to be 90+ percent sound vs any performance/mpg.
The V6 will sound like a V6 and the 8 will sound like an overhead cam V8.

Registered
Go v8 I got a really really good deal on my 6 the ONLY reason I went 6 but you will fund yourself wanting if you do.

Now if for some reason you get a 6 do stock or aftermarket x pipe and Borla atak.

If you go h like me you sound like a motorcycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts