Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend who is more of a bike expert told me that some bikes have, or you can buy, some sort of splitter for your exhaust so that you can make it quieter in residential areas and let it roar when your on the main roads with a simple flick of a switch. Is there anything like that for cars/mustangs?

·
Registered
531 Posts
i heard of this. check youtube, i think it was a wrx that had it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh wow, does it lower any performance gains, mess up a tune, or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
oh wow, does it lower any performance gains, mess up a tune, or anything like that?
If there’s a big difference in pipe length that the engine sees (due to the cutout location) it can tip the torque curve a little bit. Basically longer pipes tend to favor low RPM torque while shorter pipes tend to favor higher RPMs. It’d probably be mostly noticeable coming off the line with an automatic transmission, I doubt a huge difference though. Shouldn’t need to tweak the tune.

·
Registered
506 Posts
corvettes have butterfly's on their exhaust tips that keep em quiet to a certain rpm (3k i think) and once your above that the butterfly opens up to allow maximum flow. lambo's also do this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts