Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a friend of mine's 03 has dual flowmaster exhaust. it was typical v6 exhaust until he got 25% pulleys, mac cai, and a 93% octane tune from his sct tuner. now it sounds throatier all the way through the power band .. all the way to 6k. which of those mods likely changed the sound of his exhaust so much? i've heard cai can... but you tell me.

last night he passed me at a light.. i turned my head expecting to see a z28 or a gt.. and it was him :thumbsup

and another thing, when he revs his exhaust seems to hang longer than mine ... is this the tuner?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Beyond said:
a friend of mine's 03 has dual flowmaster exhaust. it was typical v6 exhaust until he got 25% pulleys, mac cai, and a 93% octane tune from his sct tuner. now it sounds throatier all the way through the power band .. all the way to 6k. which of those mods likely changed the sound of his exhaust so much? i've heard cai can... but you tell me.

last night he passed me at a light.. i turned my head expecting to see a z28 or a gt.. and it was him :thumbsup

and another thing, when he revs his exhaust seems to hang longer than mine ... is this the tuner?
Tuner & CAI.

His exhaust hangs longer because there is less accessory drag on the engine from the pulleys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kscoyote said:
Tuner & CAI.

His exhaust hangs longer because there is less accessory drag on the engine from the pulleys.
are 25 or 42% pulleys better? w/ 42% pulleys, will my sound system be amply powered?

also, can our v6 engines take shifting at 6k rpms?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Beyond said:
are 25 or 42% pulleys better? w/ 42% pulleys, will my sound system be amply powered?

also, can our v6 engines take shifting at 6k rpms?
For power and economy 42% are better.

What's your sound system consist of?

you can always overdrive the alternator using an ASP pulley.

I'm running a MMATS 4070 amp with no problems. running a couple of subs will require an overdrive pulley on the alternator.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kscoyote said:
For power and economy 42% are better.

What's your sound system consist of?

you can always overdrive the alternator using an ASP pulley.

I'm running a MMATS 4070 amp with no problems. running a couple of subs will require an overdrive pulley on the alternator.
right now it's only 6x8's all the way around powered by a sony head unit. later down the road, though, i plan on adding an amp for the speakers, and possibly doing subs.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Beyond said:
right now it's only 6x8's all the way around powered by a sony head unit. later down the road, though, i plan on adding an amp for the speakers, and possibly doing subs.
You won't have any problems until you do the subs & amps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.