Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question or another like it has been posted before, but about how much hp and tq increase would i get with a 2.5" mac high flow cat/ flowmaster exhaust system from a stock '96-'98 cobra? Any responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A little confused here. Are you talking about putting the setup on your 94GT? If so it won't fit at all. Or are you talking about putting a Mac catted mid pipe (Pro chamber?) and a Flowmaster cat back on a 96-98 Cobra? Putting those on a Cobra could see 10-15 rwhp.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, yeah i want to put the exhaust on a cobra. I'm currently trying to sell the GT so i can buy a Cobra (96-'98). And yes you were correct i wanted a mac catted mid w/ flowmaster cat-back exhaust. Thanks for your patience and the reply. :thumbup

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another exhaust question

I found a good exhaust article in the tech/help section,but it didn't say anything about '96-'98 cobras, so here is another question. I want a good exhaust system that will sound throaty and aggressive, but i don't want a lot of drone or noise when i am just crusin' around. What brand or combination of brands would give me this?(i want the complete system from the stock cobra headers on back. I do want to keep it legal w/ high flow cats and i would prefer an H pipe.) Thanks for any info! :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Bassani, Magnaflow, and SLP come to mind. They all sell complete kits from front to back. Another way to decide on which one would be to join Mustangexhaust.com, they have over 200 sound clips. If I had it to do over again I would have left my stock cat back alone and got a UPR off road X to start with. Then when I really wanted to let the beast loose a Magnaflow cat back. Everyone's taste is different though. I hate my exhaust now, but lack of funds keeps it on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.