Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 02 Mustang GT. I am wanting to do some performance mods and get more power. Exhaust is going to be my first mod. What is the best setup for exhaust. I have been looking at borla, very hard. Should I consider getting an X or H-pipe instead and why?

·
Registered
34 Posts
sandron19 said:
I recently bought an 02 Mustang GT. I am wanting to do some performance mods and get more power. Exhaust is going to be my first mod. What is the best setup for exhaust. I have been looking at borla, very hard. Should I consider getting an X or H-pipe instead and why?
The most restrictive part of our exhaust systems is obviously the muffler (unless you have a plugged or melted cat). Start with the mufflers and then on to other things like high flow cats. You need an X or H-pipe because it evens out the pulses from the exhaust exiting the cylinder head. If you tried to run a system with no H-pipe it would sound like ****, and you would be losing some power.:eyebulge:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK after some research, I have decided to get the SLP long tube headers, x-pipe, and the powerflo exhaust kit. Does this sound like a good combination? Is SLP a good brand?

·
Registered
11 Posts
sandron19 said:
OK after some research, I have decided to get the SLP long tube headers, x-pipe, and the powerflo exhaust kit. Does this sound like a good combination? Is SLP a good brand?
SLP is an awsome brand. I have the SLP Loud Mouth exaust THIS KIT ROCKS I set of car alarms and I'm just cruising. and sound quality awsome. I LOVE SLP go with them and get the Loud Mouth resonaters they kick ass!!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
sandron19 said:
-- this has the potential to be louder than I'd be comfortable with. X-pipes good. What are your goals w/this car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
sandron19 said:
I don't know about meatball but i'm looking to make the ricer crowd bow down and kiss my shoes. they do because I have the SLP loud mouth exaust. the X-pipe will make them lick your shoes!!:worship

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am putting the lm1 setup on my car with the stock headers and h-pipe, I agree that with an off road x-pipe and hearers it may be to loud for regular cruising, the powerflow system should sound fine with your choice of headers and x-pipe

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Magnapacks and i love them. I will admit that SLP is the loudest system but the magnapacks are in a close second. They have a really mean sound, you might have checked them out, but i HIGHLY recommend it. I know that you will be very please by magnapacks. I dont know about the powerflow very much, but they shouldnt be near the sound of the LM 1's. Also, on the the Mid-pipe make sure that you have the sound you want, unless your going for performance. H pipes are deeper and more like old muscle car sound with more low end torque advantages. X pipes are more raspy but have more hp in the higher rpms.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, i have changed my mind, I am going Bassani instead of SLP. I have found a local retailer that sells bassani and has killer prices and he does excellent work. So now the setup goes like this, bassani mid length ceramic coated headers, bassani stainless steel non-catted x-pipes, and bassani Stainless steel cat backs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That sounds like a pretty badass set up. All bassani, Wow! Well if that is the setup you choose please tell us how it turn out and get some sound/video clips on if you can!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
While we're talking exhaust I've got some questions about the Mac Pro Chamber o/r. Does anyone know the best place to purchase one ? On this install on my 04 GT will I need the extensions for my 02 sensor wires to reach? I'm going to go with mil eliminators. thanks guys.....

·
Registered
490 Posts
sandron19 said:

heres a good website for exhaust sounds...
http://www.mustangexhaust.com
they have over 300 differernt setups so you can hear before you buy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have checked out Mustangexhaust.com. very cool site, I love just listening to some of those cars. My exhaust install should be complete by friday, will try to get some sound clips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
SIMPLE AS THIS. go with this. its what i have.. the magnaflow x pipe catted.. i was goin to get the magnapack catback but i didnt i went slp. so clean.. ive have TONS of compliments from dudes around vegas. drivin vettes, vipers, and ferraris. it sounds that good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.