Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Roush 427R and I'm looking to make it louder but don't want to get too pricey with what I get. I was thinking about just a muffler delete or something like Roush extreme axlebacks. I just don't know what it would sound like with the stock exhaust from roush. What do y'all think?

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details (referred to as your profile in the site rules).

We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I thought the Roush exhaust was pretty loud already, personally I don' think I would want it louder, but that's up to you obviously . . . louder mufflers -- like maybe the "extreme" that you mentioned -- or a muffler delete would be the first, simplest, easiest, cheapest thing to do. Beyond that you could look at removing the cats, but that is illegal and generally obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Or you can do a resonator delete, I had done that and the volume increased by 20%

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The Roush Extreme Exhaust is quite loud and in a good way. Waking up neighbors is part of having a muscle car. Some have roosters, dogs, cat fights or even alarm clocks....we have Roush Extreme!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts